Wildgame meat transported back into the US.

That is great news!! Just wish their webpage was a little more clear.
On this subject, USDA doesn’t apply. CBP is not informative. And when I called them, the response was this is mostly a Fish and Wildlife topic as CBP just sends you there for the game meat part of it. CBP will care about high value items you bring in like rifles, scopes, etc. I didn’t go back and look at F&W but should just for fun.

Yeah, when we came through last fall in the middle of the night, the F&W guys had a stop before we could even get to border patrol. Guys had a grill going and were in good spirits tailgating. They appreciated that we'd spent enough carwash money to buy a nice autoloader. Mud was last year's taboo, but we knew that going up. One guy checked gun paperwork, a couple looked at the trailer, but they didn't make us dig out the coolers. A couple forms later and we were on our way. In 2021 there was no checkpoint and that guy just sent us along. Always an adventure.

UPDATE - Yesterday my hunting partner was able to speak with the supervisor at Pembina ND POE. After a short discussion he did verify that as long as you possess a valid hunting license for the wild game meat you possess you are allowed to cross back into the US. We asked him to send us a conformation email. See below.

Good afternoon,

As we spoke on the phone minutes earlier yo are allowed to cross with your moose hunter harvested meat with no weight limit restriction as long as you present a valid hunting license and follow the below requirements.

If you have further questions call at the below number.

Thanks,

Gabriel Agosto
CBPAS
Pembina, ND POE

1724327077331.png

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MidwestSniper03