MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Who here loves CJ Box?

Lab

I have been reading him for sometime and just can't get enough. I guess what I like the most is that almost everywhere he writes about in his stories I have been there and know of. My minds knows all those places already. It great

We tried watching the Joe Pickett tv series but it was unwatchable.
It was like something made for saturday afternoon kids tv.
Wife read and really liked the books. I lasted 5 minutes on the first tv episode. That was 5 minutes too many. Wife watched a few episodes hoping it would get better. She was VERY disappointed.

I wrote him a fishing license when I was in college. Books are okay, if you don't expect reality. I actually enjoyed the TV shows.

I've read most of them, so I'd say I'm a fan.

I like Nate's character better than Joe's.

I listen to his Joe Pickett series on audible when I’m antelope hunting in Wyoming & Montana spending a lot of hours in the truck

I like th Pickett series but do find it a little repetitive.

I have read all of the Joe Pickett series and one or two of Box’s other books. The most recent Pickett book mentioned corner crossing. I was trying to figure out if any of the characters might be based on @BuzzH. 😀

A few years ago, I talked to a Wyoming warden when I was getting ready for a moose hunt. I asked him if his job was as exciting as the C. J. Box books made it out to be. Without hesitation, he replied, “I don’t shoot as many people.”

I like the books, but there are some details that say either Box or his editors, or both, don't understand weather and hunting seasons in this part of WY

They are a good, quick read

I have read all his books and really enjoyed them to start with. I find that the last few I have read seem like he is just churning out books as his publisher requests. Not much story or substance.

Read them all and watched the series. The old books are excellent . Terrible CGI elk in the series that might as well have been claymation.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back