Which caliber?

Of the calibers listed I'd go 300 win mag all day. But sense we're spitballing here anyone else really intrigued by the 300prc? I've been telling myself I'm gonna get one for about a year now.

I think I like the .280 AI. Can't get it out of my head. mtmuley
Just got to do some shooting and reloading with my brother’s a couple weekends ago. We even tried some fire forming loads. It’s just a cool round. I bought a set of dies so I could load for his on my press and I have a feeling I’ll own one someday.

.300 Win Mag would be my vote. Ammo available pretty much anywhere and a good variety. It will do it all - antelope to big bear.

I’m fairly certain they sell that rifle in 280 AI, which is what I’d go with if you can find it. 6.5 PRC if not, for the use cases you mentioned

@johnnybow I have this gun in the 6.5 CM, 6.5 PRC, and 7 Rem Mag. The creedmoor and the 7mm were both amazing shooting guns. If I were buying again, I would go with the 6.5PRC. Recoiil is not bad at all, and has killed everything I pulled the trigger on.

For an all around rifle I’ve found myself really becoming fond of the boring old .308 lately. No recoil in a short, light rifle and plenty of bullet weight to get the job done. I always used to give my dad crap for shooting a .308 for everything, but I’ve started to figure out that he was right all along, like with most things.

For an all around rifle I’ve found myself really becoming fond of the boring old .308 lately. No recoil and plenty of bullet weight to get the job done. I always used to give my dad crap for shooting a .308 for everything, but I’ve started to figure out that he was right all along, like with most things.
Amen, it just does a good job at a lot of things. Easy to shoot in a light, handy rifle and ammo anywhere you’d be shopping. I’ve found myself really reaching for my 7-08’s lately, which is basically the same as the 308 but better 😉

Of the calibers listed I'd go 300 win mag all day. But sense we're spitballing here anyone else really intrigued by the 300prc? I've been telling myself I'm gonna get one for about a year now.
300 prc has been great for me.

Truly - not a lot different than 300 win - but if you want to shoot the heaviest/longest bullets its simply better for that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dulcedom
Back