Caribou Gear

Which caliber?

johnnybow

I'm about ready to buy a browning xbolt speed but can't decide what caliber. Which one you choosing and why? I'm leaning towards the 6.8 western for antelope, deer and elk.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240918_200535_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240918_200535_Chrome.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 24
If you don’t reload, Whichever one will be the easiest to get ammo for. It’s an election year and there will probably be a shortage if a certain candidate gets elected. I remember what Ammo was on the shelf and which ammo wasn’t a few years ago.

I'd go with 7mm Mag. It has quite a bit more power than the 6.5 PRC but doesn't kick like the 300 Win Mag. The 7mm Mag ammo is obviously easier to buy for less money than the 6.5 PRC as well.

If I was serious about a 6.8 western or 6.5 prc I’d look at a different xbolt model, they’re both available with the 20 inch barrel in the spr. Six inches shaves a lot off that rifle.

Hard to go wrong with a 7 rem mag, they just do almost everything well without much punishment.

What do you want to do with it? I think thats kind of important to answering the question.

How much do you want to shoot it? Do you like to reload?

If you want to shoot it a lot and dont reload - 6.5 creedmoor/.308 would be hard to beat. Pretty decent target ammo for cheap.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back