Whats your shower setup?

Look at the Joolca hot tap you will never go back without it, we use a homemade setup for 30 years and a couple years ago my hunting partner bought this and last year I bought the tent for this setup it is great hot shower every day.
Been using this ourselves for the past few years. Works great and a hot shower every night at base camp recharges you for the next day. Wouldn’t go without anymore.

Ozark trail solar shower bag. Left on a rock for 8 hours sunlight, 90 plus degree shower. 20 bucks and under a pound in your pack.

For a luxury basecamp shower my buddy an I use a camp battery an solar panel set out. Then use 12v transfer pump with garden hoses plus inline filter to supply a insta-propane-shower unit. I just tie the shower head in the top of a popup privacy tent with hole cut in the floor. Throw a board in there to stand on to keep our feet clean.
Only tricky part really is wiring a switch from pump to reach into shower. and have enough length for getting the water to the shower, but not have to much lift for the pump to maintain pressure. Flow is what triggers the igniter automatically.
I keep it all made up in a tote ready to go. The battery is always in the bed of the truck anyways charging since I run dual for rear winch plugs. Nice for week long family camping trips or prepper situation I guess. A 20lb propane tank lasts a week with two kids each night an the wife an I taking a quick showers. Even worked in around freezing temps on a Nov elk hunt in Colorado at 9000ft. I was suprised to find a tiny creek by where we wanted to have base camp. So I set all the stuff up an just made sure to undo hose off pump output. The water just siphoned out of heater an creek kept pressure to push thru filter an pump.
Even though I have all the stuff I ussualy just take wipes on back pack or if the plan is to be moving alot hot jug and wash cloth.

I'm looking to add a portable shower setup to my elk camp this year. I previously used basically a propane heated sponge bath inside an ice fishing hut before but want something a little better this year. Any suggestions or what works for you? Thanks
Any flowing river it will be cold but refreshing!

MUCH better & bigger than dude wipes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back