What’s up with this Montana range

Drive by this many times a week and keep wondering about it.

South east of Toston , between toston and Logan/Manhattn I’d say. Good looking area, no public land it seems. 16 mile seems to own a lot of it. Anyone have history on this area and why none of it is public or even bma.

Drive by this many times a week and keep wondering about it.

South east of Toston , between toston and Logan/Manhattn I’d say. Good looking area, no public land it seems. 16 mile seems to own a lot of it. Anyone have history on this area and why none of it is public or even bma.
I guided one time on a ranch there. The hunter I had told me after 5 days he'd counted 23 6 point or better bulls he could have shot an arrow at. Biggest two got away. He ended up shooting a 6X6 that was in the 370s that was maybe 4th best we'd seen. He refused to sit in a tree stand. I hung 2 stands over water and had he sat them, he would have likely got a much bigger bull. Stephen Hawking could have taken a nice 6 point with archery there. It would be a good place. Please report back if you find a BMA - I'd try to reserve a place for elk or black bear in the fall, and I'd take a fishing pole for when board.

There is a BMA type 2 there just east of Toston. It’s part of that same 16 mile LLC, which used to be Turner Enterprises. The elk and deer don’t really use those BMA pieces as it’s the lower stuff. I’ve hunted it during archery once and I have hunted some private land around there but it’s pretty hit or miss. Need a good amount of snow pretty early to get the elk to think about coming down. Between that and the CA as mentioned above possibly some of if not the best elk hunting in the state from what I’ve heard. Further frustrating is that road is actually private and gated so you can’t even access those small landlocked public parcels along 16 mile creek. The fishing is supposed to be world class to as that is one of the few places that long a stretch that is basically all private for fishing access.

Watch some Primos videos if you want to see what the elk hunting is like. They hunted Turners place and the C.A.

A few years ago there was opportunity for cow elk hunting on the Climbing Arrow Ranch (CA). Some days cow elk were hard to find and big bulls were frequently seen. Muley and whitetail trophy bucks would make your eyes and gaping jaws sore. The CA is a large beautiful ranch with elk and deer plentiful and impressive. Sixteen Mile Creek running through it is a trout stream of dreams. That's why it sold for $138 million.

If I had that amount of money and had bought the CA, the HTer opportunities and raffles would be something spectacular! Alas ... not to be.

Let's talk more about this area on the internet.
Good work.
Op should just accept the fact that there is no way/ where to hunt this area and rename the thread Norris road elk access.

yeah, you laugh. But talking about your " big bulls while guiding" just brings more focus to the general area. You know it, the same as I know it.
If everyone and their dog headed to within 20 miles of there I’d be happy they were there and not somewhere else. There isn’t shit for public opportunities to do much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back