What do you call hot?

Too many years working outside in the sun. Can't stand above 90 and humidity is brutal to me.
Heard a guy describe getting off the plane in Nam. "Like breathing yogurt". Soaking wet heat. Never went to the tropics again.

This summer has been a hot one here. 80's again today but the breeze makes it feel 70's. Shade is key. Normal high elevation NM.
90+ most of the summer and monsoons with no rain was bad. Trips to Alb. were brutal.
I retired here for the climate,altitude and humidity. 7500' NM.

I hated the early Azone heat hunting in CA. But give me some fall feelings and I'm good. A snow storm.
Give me some 40's nights and 80's with a breeze, I'm cool. 70's would be better working.
Fall in NM is great. Where I live....LOL.

Anything over 72 I don't much care for. Over 80 and I'm miserable. Give me 20 to 50 degrees and I'm a happy camper. I get less tolerant of it every year as well.

Over 95 and it starts getting hot to me, over 105 is terrible, humid or not. I pay more attention to the heat index, when it gets over 110 it’s time to flop on the couch. Down here it can be miserable hot just about any day of the year.

Well, mid-80s last weekend hunt elk was too damn hunt.....I have no problem saying that ;) In general I find it astounding how folks "getting older" move south to hot climates. I have NEVER had a use for weather over 80 unless I was recreationally involved with water. Like many others mentioned....as I get older it gets worse. I have not found the weather cold enough to call uncle for me....love snow, and cold. Also as talked about by Cush et al......hot ain't really HOT until you are kitted and and carrying a bunch of crap with only hot water to drink. The reason I will NEVER be without an ice maker again...never.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
george84
Back