Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

What do you call hot?

Redmt

Different parts of the country have different definitions of hot. It seems like the East coast starts heat warning around 85-90*. West coast about 100*. I have had heat sickness years ago ( it never goes away) and I start getting uncomfortable in low 80*'s. At 90* my tolerance is gone. On the other end, I'm comfortable in the low to mid 50*s in a T shirt. What is your definition of HOT?

My heat tolerance seems to be getting less every year. We were over 100 a lot this year. I try not be be outside at all when it's over about 85.

It seems like it's more about the humidity than the temperature. At 80° and 35% humidity, I'm suffering big time. At 95° and 8% humidity, and I'm out enjoying the summer sun.

Here in Mississippi we had heat index’s that were over 110 this year! That sucks! The temperatures were around 99 to 101 daytime to 85 or so at night . I work at night on one job and do HVAC work during the day a few times a week. It sucks when you can’t get away from the heat at any point during a 24 hour period.

I quit hunting in Sept. I hate hot temps. 85 plus is unacceptable for hunting. Especially of you kill something. Give me snow, under 50 and Ill go anywhere. Hence why I now hunt late October or November. December even better.

Here above 90* with humidity is miserable.

Get about a week of Spring and the Summer is blistering

-Jason Isbell (Tupelo)

The older I get the more I hate the heat. Sometimes in the mid 70’s out in the beating sun doing yard work is to hot. Mid 80’s with breeze in the shade or cloud cover can be pleasant sometimes depending on humidity. Skin cancer is another issue. Tired of Dr. cutting out and burning off pre cancerous spots. Have to keep more covered up now and that makes you hotter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
george84
Back