Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Weatherby Mark V. Like potato chips.

I’ve had two in my lifetime, and I’ll have more in my lifetime.

Kind of got jelly at the one HT’er that got a smoking deal on that gloss stock Mark V.

So is it just me, or are Weatherby Mark V's like potato chips?
You can't have just one.

I went 38 years of hunting without one.
Then within about 8 months I have 3.

Then @golfer sends me a picture of a nice 270 WBY at a good price.
Such a tease. Lol
Don’t worry I spared you from having to worry about buying it. I’ve had 4 now. @std7mag the one I sold you has been the one I’ve kicked myself the most for letting go.

Don’t worry I spared you from having to worry about buying it. I’ve had 4 now. @std7mag the one I sold you has been the one I’ve kicked myself the most for letting go.
And I appreciate it!!
I tried the 7828, like you suggested. Shoots well.
But I've gone to Ramshot LRT.
If you can find some, it may work well for the 270 WBY you just got.

@perma,

I picked up a German made Mark V Deluxe in "Weatherby 300 Magnum".
Deluxe stock with the receiver engraved also.
Wasn't the deal that you are talking about, but was still a deal.
It resides in the safe at my mother's house beside the 1861 Harper's Ferry 3 band, and commemorative Winchester 94' in 32 SPCL.

Last edited:
Could be. In 2009 I ordered a accumark in 270 wby. When I went in to pick it up He had a NIB Mark V Deluxe in 300 wby there some guy ordered then decided on something else so it was consigned for sale at $1400. So I came home with both.
Still have them. Barely used. At the time I had the idea I was going to be big time traveling hunter. The crash of 2009/10 changed my plans. I ended up with a hog and turkey lease in Florida and a deer lease in Alabama. While great rifles those Mark Vs were way more rifle I needed for either hogs or deer out of stands. Son after one season they ended up in the safe. Where they sit today. For some reason I just cant
Bring myself to say goodbye to them. Yet.

And I appreciate it!!
I tried the 7828, like you suggested. Shoots well.
But I've gone to Ramshot LRT.
If you can find some, it may work well for the 270 WBY you just got.

@perma,

I picked up a German made Mark V Deluxe in "Weatherby 300 Magnum".
Deluxe stock with the receiver engraved also.
Wasn't the deal that you are talking about, but was still a deal.
It resides in the safe at my mother's house beside the 1861 Harper's Ferry 3 band, and commemorative Winchester 94' in 32 SPCL.
I was referring to this thread

Thread 'I shouldn’t be looking at guns.'
https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/i-shouldnt-be-looking-at-guns.325837/

Got one in 280 AI. My favorite rifle by far. I try and limit my visits to the Weatherby website because the slope is slippery.

What makes everyone choose the mark v? 54* bolt throw? Their stocks?

Same but with Winchester, hunted for 50+ yrs without one now in short space got three,lol

I keep waiting to come across the right one in 257, just have to appreciate what speed and the right bullet can do!

Back