Advertisement

VX5/Savage 220

EKYHunter

Mounting a 2-10 X 42 VX5 on a Savage 220. I’ve got Talley one piece mounts in low height but they aren’t going to work. The magnification ring hits the base and I can’t bring the scope back as the front bell hits the mount. I’m thinking I need the extended Talleys. Anyone else mount a VX 5 on a 220 and if so, which mounts did you use?

As a general rule I hate rails but it’s almost ideal for mounting a shorter scope on a long action like a savage.

I haven’t used extended Talleys but Leupold made a dovetail set I used for a while
I’m trying to avoid a rail if at all possible. May have to though.

I’ve got Talleys on a Savage ML-II, which I think is the same length action. I’ll take a look later this week but I do remember having to either use the double extended rings, higher rings, or both.

I’ve got Talleys on a Savage ML-II, which I think is the same length action. I’ll take a look later this week but I do remember having to either use the double extended rings, higher rings, or both.
Ordered the Talley extended front and rear in medium height and they are just what the doctor ordered! And in case anyone’s interested, Talley recommends 20-25 in/lb on the bases. Excellent customer service as well. You call and a polite, knowledgeable human being answers the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boytoman
Back