Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Video is WRONG

Curious what else you know about why it's not open to the public vs what RMEF says in the video. Still great it was conserved for the Tule Elk but hunting access was probably a huge part of the goal in conserving the land.

It is a very nice piece of ground rich in wildlife. I have permission to pass through it going to other private land. It is surrounded by private land with little to no fences. This is an unfortunate mistake that could possibly get an innocent hunter in a world of trouble.

Interesting. If as Redmt shares, there will hopefully be an evaluation to determine if there is a correction necessary.

Here's the RMEF write-up:

Interesting. If as Redmt shares, there will hopefully be an evaluation to determine if there is a correction necessary.

There's nothing really to share other than the heritage of the land. That really doesn't have a bearing on the incorrect information in the video. It is not public land open for hunting. It's held by the Land Conservancy managed (poorly) by F&G.

There's nothing really to share other than the heritage of the land. That really doesn't have a bearing on the incorrect information in the video. It is not public land open for hunting. It's held by the Land Conservancy managed (poorly) by F&G.
Huh?
Seems to say exactly what you're sharing is not accurate.
"Because this land, like the first, is owned and managed by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife, it is open to public access for hunting and other activities."

The write-up is a transcript of the video.

I stated "Here's the RMEF the write-up" that includes the video. Shared to compliment exactly what Redmt shared via video.

I'm constantly a vocal advocate of RMEF. If the editor made an error, I'm sure it will be corrected.

On this note, a phone call or email to RMEF has always led me to either a direct conversation with the principle person or a quick phone/email response, whether a critical or supportive comment was expressed.
I would hope @Redmt has done such.

If RMBS released something I believed was in error, I'd use your organization's contact info.
If no response and it remained, I might publicly call it out - or PM you directly though to each his / her own.

If inaccurate, which Redmt's comment appears supported via OnX (not questioning Redmt's statement), as mentioned, I'd hope it would be corrected sooner than later.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller3104
Back