Toyota forums?

As with any forum you will experience asshats. Tacoma World is one that there are many so called comedians, experts and just plain jerks.But, lots of good information. MTG

Yeah, but I forgot to load the sd ...
Still without home interweb.

Truck drives like a dream. I can see. Rio has a hard time getting in it now. Or just prefers the bigger F150...lol
2" in the front and 1" in back. New everything. Bilstein 5100 front and 4600 back.
Flies over the washboards.
The engine still humms like new.
26 years old and 24 with me.

Just stuffed myself with huge breakfast burrito here a the the Pie-o-Neer. Sarah gave me one for Rio to go.
Heading to Reverse to get trailer registered.

Got my elk draws in.
Limping around yesterday and today walking fine.
Life.

So far so good.
Rio says hi!IMG_0023.JPGIMG_0025.JPG
Drives like a dream on these roads. Nimble , responsive.
I gotta watch it. The young offroader came back. In a good ride...
I deserved it. So did she.

Last edited:
Well, I knew it would happen.
4wd front seals and such. Old age and too much lift.

Got my original wheels back and tires ordered for them. Cooper st maxx again. Just need a spare,ordered.
Going to drop it to 1" lift.

New bumpers going on now. Limited choice.
Should have just welded a 4" pipe...LOL

Well, I knew it would happen.
4wd front seals and such. Old age and too much lift.

Got my original wheels back and tires ordered for them. Cooper st maxx again. Just need a spare,ordered.
Going to drop it to 1" lift.

My 3.5” lift has just been a headache. Agree on lowering. Good luck

Well, I knew it would happen. 4wd front seals and such. Old age and too much lift.

Got my original wheels back and tires ordered for them. Cooper st maxx again. Just need a spare, ordered. Going to drop it to 1" lift.

Going back to 15inch rims then (from 16inch)?

*I'm on my third Toyota. '83 SR5 truck (stolen, total), '05 4RNR V-8 Limited (T-boned driver side, total) and '14 4RNR Limited.

Going back to 15inch rims then (from 16inch)?

*I'm on my third Toyota. '83 SR5 truck (stolen, total), '05 4RNR V-8 Limited (T-boned driver side, total) and '14 4RNR Limited.
Yep, the originals. Guy only sold one. So a spare rim needed.
My road is rocked now,no more 2 track. Ruts were getting deep.
Everyone tried to tell me they were too big without cutting away.
Or deep offsets,I hate offsets.

My 1st 82' is still cruizing Santa Barbara. Over a million now.

... but it’s apparently a huge pain to get the old ones out and press new ones in. ....
Yes. Unless you have a press. I paid $50 per side to get my bearings pressed on Red Green.

When I last did control arm bushings (GMC) I instantly regretted starting the project. Time value of money and Touret's factor says get new control arms pre- loaded. I buggered up the inside of the opening hacksawing the bushing out. Then you are sandpapering the bonded rubber bits out. I will not try to save that money again.

Suspension parts should be installed by suspension mech. who has done them.
Seen some good gouging and scarred threads and heads shaking too many times.
Last time I rented a spring compressor it broke. Not fun.

Which bumpers are you going with?
ARC front bumper and Westin rear. Flat black.
The only option I could find for the 98' front. Has the winch cradle built in. Just got some pics sent by mech. and it does look good...get out of my way good. LOL
The rear is identical to original chrome. Fits the body look.

Mechanic thinks I should keep the 16's now. I do know the original 4wd parts had 340k on them before they went.
Options.
I think spray the original 15's flat black. Lower down to 1 1/2" lift in front and trade the 16's for firewood.
Have plenty of wheel well space again. Front mudflaps do keep it cleaner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back