Tesla Cyber truck

reallyoldman

Our son just got his new Tesla truck. It definitely is not an off road vehicle but would make a great " road hunting truck...HA" The outside appearance takes a little getting use to but the cockpit is incredible. It will remind you of an F-35 fighter. Very user friendly and will do so many things. It does not cook breakfast...I think ! It is bigger than I envisioned. The cab room is so BIG...feels very comfortable. The ride is very smooth. I have driven an F350 for the last 25 years....this is much different experience. EXPENSIVE. I will hate to see what any repair cost are going to be.

Spokane is loaded with them. Possibly the ugliest rear end ever put on a vehicle. Front is pretty cool. Definitely not a utilitarian vehicle.

My buddy has a Ford Lightning. Cool for daily driving, but worthless for roadtrips into the wild. We tease him about looking for charging stations in the woods and wild.

All trade-offs.

Wouldnt make a great hunting rig - but if ypu almost always drive 150 miles or less I feel like theyd be great.

I live in a small town outside the big city by an hour, so we get tourists and passerby's.

Last night while dining out, we watch a car pull up to the charging station behind a bank. They plug in and wait. And wait. We finish our dinner, walk outside and talk before leaving. The mom charging the car is sitting on the curb next to it while glued to her phone. Her 2.5 year old is wandering away from her in the parking lot, ends up almost at our restaurant 100 yards away before the mom realizes it.

We left for home at 8pm and they were still there charging after an hour. Electric vehicles are a waste of money and time. Until the battery packs offer a 1000 mile range, a 10 minute charge time, and cheap battery replacement, they will never be the future. Sorry your son bought the most expensive ugliest truck ever built.

Until the battery packs gas vehicles offer a 1000 mile range, a 10 minute charge fill up time (including bathroom break and slurpy purchase), and cheap battery engine replacement, they will never be the future.
FIFY.

IMO, the CyberTruck is fugly! As for your opinion on electric vehicles in general, you’re entitled to it. I’ve done the math, and I spend less time charging in a year than most gas vehicle owners spend filling up. That’s because 90+% of my “fill ups” are at home while I’m sleeping. On occasional long road trips, stopping for 20-30 minutes after 3 hrs of driving (and before the next 3 hr leg) to charge is actually good for the mind, body and soul - and probably safer as well. Plus the dog appreciates the time to get out and stretch his legs too. Icing on the cake is that my fuel cost is about 1/5th what a comparable gas truck would be.

I hope your son enjoys his CyberTruck @reallyoldman!

Possibly the ugliest rear end ever put on a vehicle. Front is pretty cool. Definitely not a utilitarian vehicle.

This^

Coming at you it's like "huh, that's kinda cool", and going away it's like "Yeeeesh, those designers must've used up all their imagination on the front end!" :ROFLMAO:

I did see a couple put FOUR bags of mulch in the back of their cyber truck at Lowes the other day, right next to an old dude in a RAV-4 who had way more in the back of his little suv...

Last night while dining out, we watch a car pull up to the charging station behind a bank. They plug in and wait. And wait. We finish our dinner, walk outside and talk before leaving. The mom charging the car is sitting on the curb next to it while glued to her phone. Her 2.5 year old is wandering away from her in the parking lot, ends up almost at our restaurant 100 yards away before the mom realizes it.

We left for home at 8pm and they were still there charging after an hour. Electric vehicles are a waste of money and time. Until the battery packs offer a 1000 mile range, a 10 minute charge time, and cheap battery replacement, they will never be the future. Sorry your son bought the most expensive ugliest truck ever built.

Well you sure are a negative nancy.

If I had to guess I would say the young lady had her car parked at her house that was 8 miles down the road all night the previous night but her dumb self forgot to plug it in.

I think they are pretty cool, and I was surprised how big they are. I wish they had a hybrid option for those of us that want to have that truck but with a gas generator to keep the battery's charged. I get it, defeating the purpose a bit. But I can imagine a gas generator is going to be far more efficient then then a gas engine dealing with parasitic power loss through the drive train.

Really I just think it should be an option. Dont need as much of a battery if you have a generator keeping it charged. Might even save some weight. I think people would be more interested if the option was there. I think its more useful as a family hauler with occasional towing. However I did see the whistling diesel video and the fact he was able to rip the hitch right off and it broke the frame apart.. thats not ok. They absolutely need to beef up the frame and figure out something different for the tow package. Maybe offer some different colors instead of just the bare metal. That thing in black looks pretty awesome.

I think they are pretty cool, and I was surprised how big they are. I wish they had a hybrid option for those of us that want to have that truck but with a gas generator to keep the battery's charged. I get it, defeating the purpose a bit. But I can imagine a gas generator is going to be far more efficient then then a gas engine dealing with parasitic power loss through the drive train.

Really I just think it should be an option. Dont need as much of a battery if you have a generator keeping it charged. Might even save some weight. I think people would be more interested if the option was there. I think its more useful as a family hauler with occasional towing. However I did see the whistling diesel video and the fact he was able to rip the hitch right off and it broke the frame apart.. thats not ok. They absolutely need to beef up the frame and figure out something different for the tow package. Maybe offer some different colors instead of just the bare metal. That thing in black looks pretty awesome.
They do offer custom wrap colors as an add on. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Some of my old girl friends were so ugly they were cute and being attractive is only one trait . I would not use one of these for a tow vehicle. The exceliration is kind of astonishing sucks you right back in the seat ! Not a good vehicle for old men.

• Haha
Reactions: KB_
My wife says they look like a garbage can, but I still really like them. The cost is way too high so I would never buy one and I just got a new truck about 2 years ago. I hope he enjoys it .

They are selling like hotcakes around Denver. I will never understand the hate for Musk and Tesla

I have no hate for Elon, he's a genius, evil or otherwise! But, the people who buy his cars trend toward the self-righteous yuppie side of the scale, they're the ones who are annoying, my insurance adjuster says they are the worst group to deal with on auto claims.

FIFY.

IMO, the CyberTruck is fugly! As for your opinion on electric vehicles in general, you’re entitled to it. I’ve done the math, and I spend less time charging in a year than most gas vehicle owners spend filling up. That’s because 90+% of my “fill ups” are at home while I’m sleeping. On occasional long road trips, stopping for 20-30 minutes after 3 hrs of driving (and before the next 3 hr leg) to charge is actually good for the mind, body and soul - and probably safer as well. Plus the dog appreciates the time to get out and stretch his legs too. Icing on the cake is that my fuel cost is about 1/5th what a comparable gas truck would be.

I hope your son enjoys his CyberTruck @reallyoldman!
Curious how long the batteries will last and how much they cost to replace?

They are selling like hotcakes around Denver. I will never understand the hate for Musk and Tesla
Give the behind the bastards podcasts devoted to him a listen. It’s a couple years old so I’m sure he’s done some more crummy stuff since

I have a buddy that things the electric thing would be awesome for a long hunting road trip we do. Sure would be a ton of fun listening to a generator charging the truck while we try and enjoy the peace and quiet of camp

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meatball
Back