Kenetrek Boots

Talked me out of it. 300 Rum with lots of extras.

OleRedbeard

Stopped by my local gunshop a few days ago and the owner who I have known for years handed me a plain jane Remington ADL in 300 RUM. Gun is in good condition and looks to have not have too many rounds through it.. I would say no more than 100 at most.
Anyway... he is asking a clean 1000 for it which is not that great but it also comes with 240 rounds of ammo. Its mostly 220gr and 200 gr Noslers (which I love) which makes it a pretty darn good deal, I think...
I don't need any more than a whim of a reason to put another rifle in the safe but for some reason cant justify it (not that a rifle needs to be justified to own) I have a 300 win mag and a 7mm Weatherby... So...
in practical experience with the caliber.. what say you?

Stopped by my local gunshop a few days ago and the owner who I have known for years handed me a plain jane Remington ADL in 300 RUM. Gun is in good condition and looks to have not have too many rounds through it.. I would say no more than 100 at most.
Anyway... he is asking a clean 1000 for it which is not that great but it also comes with 240 rounds of ammo. Its mostly 220gr and 200 gr Noslers (which I love) which makes it a pretty darn good deal, I think...
I don't need any more than a whim of a reason to put another rifle in the safe but for some reason cant justify it (not that a rifle needs to be justified to own) I have a 300 win mag and a 7mm Weatherby... So...
If they are factory loads good deal, reloads not so good. I wouldn't trust reloads from someone I don't know or some that I do know ;)

Going price of factory ammo makes the price reasonable but that doesn't make buying it a good decision especially if you're a handloader and not particularly interested in shooting the factory ammo. Edit: maybe not. Can get decent RUM ammo online for $2.50-2.60 and if it doesn't shoot well you're not stuck with it. Call the ammo maybe $500 value leaving $500 for a used ADL - pass.

300wm is plenty of umph for anything, don't see a reason for more and especially don't see a reason for sinking $1k into a ADL when you already have a 300 wm.

Last edited:
Are you going to shoot it? Do you have a suppressor already?

If you want to spend money, buy a suppressor. Personally, I'd rather have a few rifles I know inside and out vs a bunch of rifles I know a little bit about.

Go with your gut...

I wouldn't bundle buy because of ammo, loaded or factory. Took me a chitload of wrench dough to make my RUM happy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back