Talked me out of it. 300 Rum with lots of extras.

Former M700 RUM owner. Kicked so hard it cracked the stock. Ammo was ungodly expensive. Never got to practice and get as good with it as I would have liked due to the cost. Pierced holes in elk at 100 yards with no expansion. No thank you, not again.

Switched to a M70 300 WM. Elk seem to be just as dead.
Just wait until i convert you into a prc guy 😇

Shopping the used rifles at Scheels today and the two cheapest rifles were not Savages but two Rem 700 300 RUM for $599 a piece. Tempting but don't need one either.

BS - it can make you absolutely not enjoy plinking and shooting a lot.

You saying you don’t miss seeing stars when you pull the trigger?

Inherited a stainless Browning Abolt 300 Win Mag with a Leupold 3.5-10 from my grandfather a few years ago. I thought it was the pinnacle of big game hunting rifles…when I was 15. Shot it for the first time yesterday and it wasn’t even fun with the half assed factory loudener.

I'm sure I could shoot one, just don't have a need for one anymore than I need a 338 Lapua. I would venture the weight to kick ratio is much better on a Lapua than a RUM.

As a 300 RUM owner, I'd say you made the right choice on passing. Nothing you'd really gain over the 300 Win and, as others have mentioned, ammo is significantly more expensive. If I could do it over again, I'd get a 300 Win, but my RUM is too accurate to move on from.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back