Sunday Pic of the Day

25 pounds of grolleg porcelain: the purest, cleanest porcelain out there. After 13 years of sitting in a box, the mold has come in strong. The clay is the consistency of cream cheese and due to the mold, is considered a premier vintage due to the plasticity mold achieves.

So this is the pottery version of a Chateau Lafite-Rothschild Pauillac 2000.

View attachment 334492
And what shall it become?

I forget sometimes that different parts of the country have different growing seasons, wheat was done a month ago here in East NC.
Love riding on combines and the kids do too.

This was winter wheat, a few more weeks and they'll be doing spring wheat in ND and NW MN. Then beans, peas, soybeans, canola, corn and sunflowers into November. My brother manages a custom harvesting crew that goes from late April into Nov. OK to the Canadian border.

I will have to see if I can get a pheasant invite to the SD farm. He said it's the most pheasants he has seen in the 13 yrs he has been harvesting there.

This was winter wheat, a few more weeks and they'll be doing spring wheat in ND and NW MN. Then beans, peas, soybeans, canola, corn and sunflowers into November. My brother manages a custom harvesting crew that goes from late April into Nov. OK to the Canadian border.
I always find it interesting all the other crops grown in some places. I automatically think corn and beans. 99% of everything is corn and beans here.

I will have to see if I can get a pheasant invite to the SD farm. He said it's the most pheasants he has seen in the 13 yrs he has been harvesting there.
My cousin worked with a custom harvest crew for one year, then he met a Montana girl and married her and moved there.

I've never seen anyone plant spring wheat here, only winter red.
Then we have mainly corn, soybeans, cotton, potatoes, cabbage and peanuts in my area. Little to the west they have tobacco and sweet potatoes as well and some specialty crops with some farmers like mount olive pickles.

We had a pretty mild winter, a good spring with plenty of cover, and haven't been too hot until about this week. That weather makes a lot of birds!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back