Stuff you don't like for no good reason

Those do not count. There is very good reason to dislike them. ;)
I think the French demonstrated that the crossbow was a more effective weapon for a wider array of people [than a longbow], but I’m no historian

We’re all about ethics here, so the disdain for crossbows (which are very often more accurate) doesn’t make much sense to me.

ETA: me forgetting my own thread title smh

Last edited:
I think the French demonstrated that the crossbow was a more effective weapon for a wider array of people [than a longbow], but I’m no historian

We’re all about ethics here, so the disdain for crossbows (which are very often more accurate) doesn’t make much sense to me.

And all of that is why I hate them and all of that is why I hate them.

We are all about ethics but that includes the ethics of not jumping the line to get tags and not swiping hard to draw archery tags from bow hunters by having non archers (crossbow guys who too often are gun hunters wanting to hunt the rut and/or early seasons but not willing to learn to shoot a bow) snatching archery tags set aside for a herds—absent a medical need that prevents using a hand drawn and held bow. IMO.

One small thing like about Colo regs is their primitive weapons rules. If draw a muzzle loader tag you cannot use a bow in that season, just a muzzleloader. It preserves smokepole tags for intended purpose for the folks saving points to hunt with that weapon choice.

Colo archery rule (no crossguns, err I mean crossbows allowed) for able bodied hunters follows that sort of premise by forcing guys to hunt with weapon the tags were set aside for.

Last edited:
Calling beautiful, fast, fun hunting, good eating American Pronghorn Antelope "speed goats" or any other kind of goat expresses lack of knowledge about wild game. Closest species to pronghorn antelope is the giraffe. Goats are a distinctly different animal than pronghorn antelope.
Hauling downed antelope around in a pickup during October hot weather displays a lack of understanding that skinning and cooling the meat is critical to the great wild game taste at the dinner table.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
action
Back