Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Stuff you don't like for no good reason

Idk if this one was said but I think a lot more than will admit, agree to disliking this one for NO GOOD REASON…

HUNTER’S ORANGE
I too think hunters orange is incredibly dumb, but I think there are lots of good reasons to not like hunters orange:

1. It doesn't make a lick of difference in big open country.
2. It just reminds you how crowded the mountains have become to see the pumpkin patch.
3. The penalty in MT for not wearing orange is $10-$20. That's it.
4. We don't require bicyclists and motorcyclists to wear high-vis gear, that's a personal choice.
5. It should be a personal choice. Why are my clothes, of all things, being regulated?
6. Those flimsy vests flap in the wind.
7. It makes it hard to avoid other hunters. I don't want people to know where I am.
8. If someone is dumb enough to violate basic gun safety rules (know your target and beyond) and shoot another hunter then perhaps the problem isn't that the victim wasn't wearing orange.
9. There's a bunch of people that get weirdly Nazi-like/sanctimonious when it comes to orange and feel like they need to police everyone else wearing it. They get so weirdly militant about it that it makes me not like it that much more. Take a chill pill folks...
10. And it is one more thing I have to keep track of in my hunting kit.

Now something I don't like for no particular reason? Probably video games. Just not my thing.

People who start emails with “Howd’y”. Sorry OP, I realized you started the thread off with that lol. I have no good reason, just seems Utah to me.

People who start emails with “Howd’y”. Sorry OP, I realized you started the thread off with that lol. I have no good reason, just seems Utah to me.
I was about to start fisticuffs 🤣

I’m from western KS and I mainly started saying it when I was younger because it was funny. It’s now my unironic way of saying hello

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idahosportsmensalliance
Back