Yeti GOBOX Collection

Stone Glacier pack or Exo Mtn and Why ?

I have not used both but man I love my stone glacier. Last year I packed out a bull 2.5 miles and it handled it like a dream. On the last pack out I had a rear quarter in and added a second from a friend bull about a mile from the truck. Handled two hindquarters like a champ. Love how light weight it is. Very technical piece with a lot of thought. I love the gun sling set up. I actually really like the old water bottle set up between the two straps as opposed to the hip belt set up.

Probably can’t go wrong with either.

Whichever is the most comfortable for you. Both are good companies with great CS, don’t think there is a wrong answer. I’ve used SG for about 10 years with no complaints.

I cannot speak to the larger packs, but I really like my SG Avail. I am a bigger guy and this pack is more comfortable then the Kifaru I was previously using. If you have really broad shoulders SG might be worth further investigation.

As many others have said already. I also went with the Exo because friend has a SG and wouldn’t buy it again. We swapped packs just to test different fits and the next day he ordered an exo. Hip belt sits better, webbing, pockets all just thought out better.

I'm a stone glacier user. It's hauled three elk, a bear, a bunch of deer, rocks and other sundry items. It's is not only my hauler, it's my pack for creek fishing in the mountains and my everyday hiking and scouting pack. It gets beaten to death. I have a 5800 strapped to it. I love its simplicity. Two compartments. Don't have to zipper and unzipper 20 different storage compartments. Additionally, it compresses down to nothing. No need for multiple bags.

I'm old, nearing 58, so my pack out loads aren't massive. The most I carried is around 90 pounds. It was comfortable. I suffered, but it wasn't due to the pack.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back