Caribou Gear

Still time for New Mexico bill #196

pointingdogsrule

The bill that imposes a non-resident application fee and reduces the number of non-resident tags allocated in New Mexico is on the governors desk.

The below from "the huntin' fool":
Governor Susana Martinez has until this Friday to sign it. Apparently, the Governor's office has expressed concern regarding the financial future of New Mexico hunting if the bill is signed.

To voice your opinion, go to http://www.governor.state.nm.us/Contact_the_Governor.aspx to contact or email the Governor.

good luck to all
the dog

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with my office. A Constituent Services representative will contact you shortly.

Sincerely, Susana Martinez

...canned reply forthcoming.

I guess I'm a no good nonresident whiner.

Here's what I sent.

Dear Governor Martinez,

I'm writing to express my concern over Senate Bill 196 relating to increased costs to apply for a smaller % of licenses for nonresidents of New Mexico.

Not only will the bill reduce the number of nonresidents traveling to New Mexico to spend their hard earned dollars, but the backlash in the hunting community is going to more than likely result in such a significant drop in the number of applicants under the new system that the additional $65 license requirement is still not going to keep the NMDGF budget whole.

I'm not sure the economic impact of 3,000+ fewer folks traveling to your state and spending about a week on average would be, but it has got to be a pretty big number.

Please consider this when making your decision to sign this bill.

P.S. - If you don't sign this and ever want to run for President I'll vote for you!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElkMountain
Back