Sporstmans Warehouse, What Happened?

The Sportsman's in my area has done the same. I believe that they adjust their inventory to what has been selling.
The past few years inventory has been sparse in the guns,ammo and reloading and that's what alot of people went there for. Then when they did get Some inventory they Jacked the price up. Mail orders were cheaper. IMO

Cheyenne doesn't have much of an ammo section anymore and their prices seem to have gone through the roof ( but thats everywhere). I usually make the 1 hour drive to scheels in Johnstown Co for anything I need. Love that place.

We have Cabela's, REI and Bass Pro. Sportsman's is the only store that has what I need.
This has been my experience as well. In NC we have two Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas, several REI, but the two Sportman's stores seem like the only ones still in touch with what people who hunt and fish actually need.

Our sportsmans only lasted a year or 2. All the stores in my region were closed. Bass pro and cabelas are both within a 45 minute drive but the sheels is 1.5 hours away but worth it. I like the fact you can handle the guns without having to be waited on by a salesperson.

The New scheels in Meridian, Idaho is awesome to say the least, I thought the one in Reno was awesome but I think Meridian is just as good if not better! I remember the first scheels I went to in the Minot, ND mall, in about 1988 or so.
Matt

We have Cabela's, REI and Bass Pro. Sportsman's is the only store that has what I need.
When I worked at the Sportsman’s in ANC before Cabela’s and Rei came to town the Alaska stores were 1-3 in sales for the entire franchise. If I recall correctly I think the Alaska stores out sold the lower 48 stores combined.

The Sportsman’s in Reno went the path of the hiker, backpacker more than the hunter, fisherman a few years ago. Took all the mounts off the walls and replaced them with big pictures of the outdoors.

Was in Idaho one yesterday. Had exactly what I needed and seemed normal. I never buy hunting clothes at any store so i don't pay attention to that but they had a bunch.

They don't carry Nosler 30 ammo but then who does.

We had a Sportsmans Warehouse open up in central WI a few years ago. Went once and it was bare and boring. I'll stick with Scheels. They've honored every price match so far and always seem to have what I need.

Was in Idaho one yesterday. Had exactly what I needed and seemed normal. I never buy hunting clothes at any store so i don't pay attention to that but they had a bunch.

They don't carry Nosler 30 ammo but then who does.
The D&B on 20/26 had some a couple weeks ago.

Now that’s a store I can get behind - chicken feed, bullets, jeans, and jerky… everything I needed in a one stop shop!

The D&B on 20/26 had some a couple weeks ago.

Now that’s a store I can get behind - chicken feed, bullets, jeans, and jerky… everything I needed in a one stop shop!
I went to the North 40 Outfitters in CDA. It was pretty cool. mtmuley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whipple
Back