NEW SITKA Ambient 75

South Dakota Bison

I cancelled my app after finding out all the extra cost. $4-500 for a Euro, $1000 for a tanned hide. Probably some cash for a taxidermist to prepare it. The antler/hide man in Custer said if you want a good hide, only shoot one in Dec. Thats probably not your option. Later in the season might be better. If you are retired and want a great workout, bring a car trailer for them to transfer it onto and take it up high in the hills where the temps tend to be cooler and start being your own taxi/butcher. I'm sure it would be very rewarding, if it doesn't kill ya. Other than that, plan to spend some dough. Have fun though. Maybe next year I can retire and get tempted again. I do not think they let you use a bow but I could be wrong on that, the regs should say.

@Clarq @HONEYBADGER

I called the office this AM to see what was going on. The receptionist thought our tags should be mailed out by now and said she would open a case to see about the exact hunting dates. I woke up to see an email and a had a voicemail on my phone about sending in dates selections to hunt. VM said all hunting dates should finalized by mid next week.

@Clarq @HONEYBADGER

I called the office this AM to see what was going on. The receptionist thought our tags should be mailed out by now and said she would open a case to see about the exact hunting dates. I woke up to see an email and a had a voicemail on my phone about sending in dates selections to hunt. VM said all hunting dates should finalized by mid next week.
Received and email today and a letter in the mail. Schedule should be out next week.

So you pick your schedule or your time is decided by GFP?
You request 3 preferred dates within the season window (no weekends or holidays) and they do their best to accommodate, but don't guarantee.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back