Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sig Sauer Rangefinder

WVTXn

Anyone have any experience or recommendations pertaining to Sig Sauer Rangefinders? I'm looking at the Kilo3k, Kilo2800 & Canyon. I know that the Kilo3k has more bells & whistles, but are they that much of an upgrade from the Kilo2800 or Canyon? I like the idea of Sig's BDX 2.0 system for a future backup rifle for whitetails.

I'm not opposed to other brands, just think that Sig fits my logic at this point. I want to keep costs below $350 if possible.

Thanks for the wisdom. I'm new to any rangefinder.

I think I read somewhere that there is a brand preference order for rangefinders?

I have a sig. Like it well enough. Does better than my old bushnell.

Always figure it can only range about half the quoted distance.

Pretty sure I have the 2k and it's good to about 600yds on a deer or elk. I think you need tripod stability beyond that distance.

App is pretty slick once you load up your ballistics

My son and I both have the 2800, they are good, very quick to range, neither of them have had any issues. We did range an elk at 1850yd but I would say that was good ranging conditions early morning lowish light and sun was coming up at our back. 1000yd ranges are very easy. I would recommend them. If you have a Sportsmans Warehouse near by or online, they usually have them for a good in their sales flyers. Wife got me mine for Christmas this last year after my 2 Leupold crapped out.

My son and I both have the 2800, they are good, very quick to range, neither of them have had any issues. We did range an elk at 1850yd but I would say that was good ranging conditions early morning lowish light and sun was coming up at our back. 1000yd ranges are very easy. I would recommend them. If you have a Sportsmans Warehouse near by or online, they usually have them for a good in their sales flyers. Wife got me mine for Christmas this last year after my 2 Leupold crapped out.
How much more satisfied are you with the sig than the leupold? Much more satisfied? Or just wanted to try something new? Sorry to dig.

I've had the kilo2800 for a couple years now. No issues, it ranges just about anything out to 1000 yds, after that you need something fairly large and reflective. I think for $250 to $300 its a good bang for the buck.

I've ben thru Nikon and Leupold...SIG graphics are more vivid...user friendlier IMO. Think it's the 2800...snagged from schmalts IIRC.

Anyone have any experience or recommendations pertaining to Sig Sauer Rangefinders? I'm looking at the Kilo3k, Kilo2800 & Canyon. I know that the Kilo3k has more bells & whistles, but are they that much of an upgrade from the Kilo2800 or Canyon? I like the idea of Sig's BDX 2.0 system for a future backup rifle for whitetails.

I'm not opposed to other brands, just think that Sig fits my logic at this point. I want to keep costs below $350 if possible.

I think I read somewhere that there is a brand preference order for rangefinders?
I have one. Like it and haven't wanted to upgrade yet. It works for me.

I hae the Kilo3K. So far its been good. No complaints. Its a little finicky at the further distances about like any of them but still a huge amount better than my old one. For the price I have no complaints.

So far the 2800 ranges quickly and seems to be accurate. It does seem to be limited to just over 1000 yards without hitting a highly reflective target. But anything under that 1k yds is good to go. So far so good.

Kenetrek Boots

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mleonard23
Back