Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

My 1st Pronghorn Hunt in 20 years!!! Tips?

I hear you. I always assumed they were biodegradable and non-toxic, but I guess not. These are the ones I have. It sounds like they aren’t perfect… I shoot them on my buddies farm land. Hmmmm…

White Flyer® Biodegradable Clay Targets are made of non-hazardous and non-toxic materials that will biodegrade at least 95% within two years into elements found in nature. White Flyer Biodegradable Clay Targets share all the superior flight and breakability characteristics of standard White Flyer clay targets, and function in both handset and automatic traps.
Manufacturer model #: BIOO-D.

• Made with non-hazardous and non-toxic materials
  • Biodegrade at least 95% within 2 years
  • Superior flight and breakability characteristics
  • Function in both hand set and automatic traps
Some more information Clay Target Article
Always forget about them. Especially if you’re shooting on private, I’d go for it!

Whatever you shoot, get it skinned, quartered and on ice as fast as humanly possible. Some of the best game meat you will eat if you handle it properly. Also, save the heart and liver for boudin.
This!! Cool the meat promptly and it's amazing. Also pack lots of snacks and allow plenty of time to just have fun watching them, antelope are happy little chaps.

Thank you!
Don’t get me wrong I quit doing the 900 tag because I do enjoy hitting them with a gun. I also know my area and what quality of buck I want and where they are gonna be at. If I had a new area and was gonna be serious like you seem to be I’d consider taking the bow for a walk a little bit to help learn the area and maybe stick a good one

Don’t get me wrong I quit doing the 900 tag because I do enjoy hitting them with a gun. I also know my area and what quality of buck I want and where they are gonna be at. If I had a new area and was gonna be serious like you seem to be I’d consider taking the bow for a walk a little bit to help learn the area and maybe stick a good one
Makes total sense.

Lots of good advice here. I would recommend getting out there and learning the terrain as much as possible. If it's got some hills or rolling terrain, it'll be much easier to put a stalk on. Hunting them in the flatlands can be very difficult, so hopefully that's not the case for you. If so, you'll have to get more creative.

Depending on the hunting pressure, finding them early could be crucial as once the bullets start flying, they tend to get very anxious the second they see a vehicle. However, if there are very limited tags, it could make things easier.

If there is pressure, you might want to consider using the pressure to your advantage. If you see someone going after a herd, try to figure out where they will run to when they get spooked or shot at and get set up and wait. Just make sure you aren't ruining someone else's hunt when you do that. Good luck!

Here are two exaggerated graphs that sum up Montana public land rifle antelope hunting. For a fun hunt find a buck before the season and put him to bed. The next morning shoot him at legal light and get the hide off right away.
MT Antelope.png

If all goes well you will be watching the sunrise while getting the meat on ice. Ideally you can make it back to the relative safety of your truck before the lead really starts flying.
Antelope II.jpg

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fishonfleek
Back