Shank it? or Crank it? Only the Billy knows

About a week before the endeavor into the land of goats I took the family out for a little glassing session. My son was not upset but bummed I could tell in the fact that he wouldn't be able to come on the hunt. It would be too much for his little legs and the last thing I want to do is burn the little man out. Everyone in the family has been really excited about this opportunity and knows what this really ment to me. Having him along for the majority of this entire adventure besides the actual trip has been such a blessing and I can't wait to hopefully share these full experiences with him and my daughter in the field. 20240928_184538.jpg

I've been thinking about how to tell this story and it'll make a little more sense if I run it back a bit to say 2014....

I started to really want a new adventure and new challenge in my approach to hunting and the outdoors. I hadn't ever backpacked much or hunted really any of the higher alpine stuff when I was growing up. I had always had a burning desire to chase sheep and goats in the alpine but, we hunted elk and mountain mule deer. I never really back pack hunted at all. So when 2015 came around I decided I wanted to hunt Unlimited Sheep. Little did I know at the time, this would totally change my entire life as I knew it as a not only the hunter but my outlook and view of a lot of things in life changed as well.

The lessons learned and the friendships that have been created can all be attributed too the desire to hunt sheep and goats. The way I approach things is different, the feeling of overcoming a tough physical and mental challenge is more rewarding even if you don't come away in the end with the total prize. My friendships made through this adventure are hands down one of the greatest things that happened in my life. They've made me a better person, father, husband and hunter. They've pushed and inspired me to do more and be better. It was on full display on this trip with two absolutely incredible buddies that ultimately share the same love and passion I have for this sport. Without Andrew and Isaac this wouldn't have been. The series of events that unfolded over those 4 days in the alpine wouldn't have happened and too both of those guys I am forever indebted to them.

I've been thinking about how to tell this story and it'll make a little more sense if I run it back a bit to say 2014....

I started to really want a new adventure and new challenge in my approach to hunting and the outdoors. I hadn't ever backpacked much or hunted really any of the higher alpine stuff when I was growing up. I had always had a burning desire to chase sheep and goats in the alpine but, we hunted elk and mountain mule deer. I never really back pack hunted at all. So when 2015 came around I decided I wanted to hunt Unlimited Sheep. Little did I know at the time, this would totally change my entire life as I knew it as a not only the hunter but my outlook and view of a lot of things in life changed as well.

The lessons learned and the friendships that have been created can all be attributed too the desire to hunt sheep and goats. The way I approach things is different, the feeling of overcoming a tough physical and mental challenge is more rewarding even if you don't come away in the end with the total prize. My friendships made through this adventure are hands down one of the greatest things that happened in my life. They've made me a better person, father, husband and hunter. They've pushed and inspired me to do more and be better. It was on full display on this trip with two absolutely incredible buddies that ultimately share the same love and passion I have for this sport. Without Andrew and Isaac this wouldn't have been. The series of events that unfolded over those 4 days in the alpine wouldn't have happened and too both of those guys I am forever indebted to them.

Have you considered writing online recipes, or at least the prelude portion? :ROFLMAO:

In any event ... I'm in.

WTF did he just start the story in 2014 hell Im 61 dont know if ill make it to the ending
A teaser Pic and a teaser start to the story I dated a girl like this in 1979
Really jacked for the follow up !!! Im already saying congratz

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nate81
Back