Shank it? or Crank it? Only the Billy knows

Good luck on your hunt! If things get slow remember it can turn around at any moment. I was elk hunting this week and had to take a dump. Just finished my business and heard a rustling in the grass behind me. Turned around and a mountain goat came out of the timber and walked right past me at ten yards. 😄 Before you try shanking the tent, try “Bear in the woods….”

It's getting real now folks. We're counting hours at this point and in the next 48 or 49hrs I'll be headed up into The Beartooths. It's sureal still to be that I'll be chasing a dream for the foreseeable future.

I can't believe the upcoming weather for the week. It'll taper off a bit towards the end of the week. But, couldn't ask for better October weather to hunt goats.

Screenshot_20241002_054704_NOAA Weather.jpg

I've been dabbling in getting things weighed out. Measured out and getting a few last minute items.

20241001_205528.jpg

Food is coming together I try to keep my days ration of 1k to 1200 calories at 1lb followed with a mountain house for dinner each night. Hovering right around 1.5lb a day.

20241001_211155.jpg
20241001_205852.jpg

Might be some non nutritional stuff in there but I can't eat 15 bars a day either.

Getting closer.... will report back before we head up

have you tried rapping on that cord with the figure 8? you probably want to have a method for adding friction dialed or it's going to be exciting, especially if you have a goat in tow...
also, if you do have a goat in tow you want to clip it directly to the device, not to yourself...

Good Luck Jonas, I am super impressed with you trying to get this done with an arrow. I have 14 days this season looking for a sheep in that country and goats can be sporadic and nomadic, but I have seen some good Billys. Looking forward to your story thanks for sharing.

We all know you’ll do better than these folks…

“On Sunday, the climbers were stuck on a steep section of the climb without the equipment necessary to get down safely.

They requested helicopter resources, but it was too dark to attempt the rescue at the time.”

Glad they had to spend a night out. Maybe they’ll learn from their unpreparedness. Maybe.

Shoot straight and enjoy yourself out there. Special time special tag!

Good Luck Jonas, I am super impressed with you trying to get this done with an arrow. I have 14 days this season looking for a sheep in that country and goats can be sporadic and nomadic, but I have seen some good Billys. Looking forward to your story thanks for sharing.
Curious to hear about your endeavor a bit. Maybe compare a couple notes on the billies. I'll send you a message.

Good luck on the hunt. Should be a good one.

Don't want to derail. But, are your purposesfuly keeping the food to around 1200cal to keep weight down? Or is that your normal daily allowance? Cause evertime I come back from a trip I'm always bringing food off the mountain. Starting to wonder why I plan for for around 2500cal a day.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rwink3
Back