Yeti GOBOX Collection

Selfless - A Wild Sheep Conservation Story (full film link now here)

I watched it last night. Good story. The footage is excellent. Those guzzlers have a much bigger footprint than I expected. Those things are huge.

I’m also happy to see that it’s been shared on a couple of Facebook pages.

Incredible film! Good work guys. Proves what I’ve believed for a good while that sheep hunters and those aspiring to be sheep hunters are the best sportsmen and women there are in the world.

Planning for this project started in July 2017. Two years later and five trips to Nevada, it is finally ready to go.

This is a story about average people doing extraordinary work on behalf of wild things, in this case, wild sheep. They give selflessly of their time and talent, not knowing who might benefit from their work. To them, it matters not what people benefit, for they know the wild sheep and other wildlife will benefit.

The older guys in this film are some of the first generation to start putting water on the landscape with man-made guzzlers. They didn't have a blueprint to follow, rather used hard work, trial and error, and determination to figure it out. As a result, Nevada went from less than 3,000 desert bighorns in 1989 to over 12,000 in 2019. A remarkable accomplishment in just thirty years.

The film is over twenty minutes long and will premiere on Saturday at the Total Archery Challenge in Big Sky, MT. On Monday it will be live on our YouTube and Amazon channels. We showed an abbreviated draft last winter at the Sheep Show in Reno. This is an expanded version that goes into more history and expands on some of the neat characters involved.

Thanks to these volunteers who let us impose on them and their work. Few of the people we interviewed have ever drawn a sheep tag. Most have said it doesn't really matter. They continue to do this work as part of their passion for conservation. These are remarkable volunteers who have found a way to help wildlife with their time and talent. This same story exists in so many places for so many different species, where similar-minded volunteers do what they can, with what they have, to make a better place for the wild things they love.

Also, a big thanks to Wild Sheep Foundation, Mystery Ranch, and the Fraternity of the Desert Bighorn. Without all of them, the story would not have been told.
Good stuff

Planning for this project started in July 2017. Two years later and five trips to Nevada, it is finally ready to go.

This is a story about average people doing extraordinary work on behalf of wild things, in this case, wild sheep. They give selflessly of their time and talent, not knowing who might benefit from their work. To them, it matters not what people benefit, for they know the wild sheep and other wildlife will benefit.

The older guys in this film are some of the first generation to start putting water on the landscape with man-made guzzlers. They didn't have a blueprint to follow, rather used hard work, trial and error, and determination to figure it out. As a result, Nevada went from less than 3,000 desert bighorns in 1989 to over 12,000 in 2019. A remarkable accomplishment in just thirty years.

The film is over twenty minutes long and will premiere on Saturday at the Total Archery Challenge in Big Sky, MT. On Monday it will be live on our YouTube and Amazon channels. We showed an abbreviated draft last winter at the Sheep Show in Reno. This is an expanded version that goes into more history and expands on some of the neat characters involved.

Thanks to these volunteers who let us impose on them and their work. Few of the people we interviewed have ever drawn a sheep tag. Most have said it doesn't really matter. They continue to do this work as part of their passion for conservation. These are remarkable volunteers who have found a way to help wildlife with their time and talent. This same story exists in so many places for so many different species, where similar-minded volunteers do what they can, with what they have, to make a better place for the wild things they love.

Also, a big thanks to Wild Sheep Foundation, Mystery Ranch, and the Fraternity of the Desert Bighorn. Without all of them, the story would not have been told.
This is awesome!

I don't know why I had the thought in my head that "guzzlers are unnaturally attracting wildlife and just seem weird." Now I get it. The sheep can't survive on the natural water sources without some help because we (humans) have screwed it all up (cattle, feral horses, etc). Thanks for a great video, I can't believe it took me 5 years to find it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back