Caribou Gear Tarp

Season prep has gone to the extreme

Hertervillian

Monday is hip replacement day. It been coming for a few years now, last fall I could barely get off the trail without pain. First surgical procedure in 55 years, just a bit apprehensive. Nurses have assured me it’s little more than having my toenails done.

Can’t decide how bad I want to ride a horse this fall back into the mountains. Last trip I swore was the last one, pretty much had to fall off the saddle. I might be posting more this next couple months. I’m already getting bored

Knew a guy several years ago who thought he had back issues. Several doctors had led him to believe that he would be in his level of pain for the rest of his life. He had loved golf and was in such a way that he couldn't even bear to ride in a golf cart let alone swing a club. For some reason or another he ended up at a new doc who watched him walk in the office. The first thing the new doc asked was "when are you going to break down and have that hip replaced?". Had the replacement done and was pain and drug free in no time and back on the course in less than a month. Good luck and hope you recover quickly.

Had my right hip done. It's a nice relief to be out of pain. Main thing is follow the doctors orders. Walk and walk afterwards is usually what they tell you to do. I haven't been lucky enough to find a horse someone would let me ride. But do ride a ATV and don't have problems. ATV actually bothers my shoulders more than anything.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back