PEAX Equipment

Ruger No. 3 quarter rib

Got the 1st No.1 version done and mounted.
I mounted a 6-24x56 on there for test fire. Plenty of adjustment for eye relief. View attachment 340393
So P-ham set up my 300 H&H #1 with a new barrel and his outstanding new quarter rib mount. The old barrel was frustrating me as I couldn’t get decent accuracy with anything approaching 300 HH published velocity. Would have been satisfied with the attached group, 5 Shots, 180gr Accubonds; 72 gr Rl 26; 3003fps with a SD 6 shot with a full value wind at 100 yards. This was shot at 300 yards a couple days ago. Think I’ll be sending Paul some more #1s
Scope is a VX5 3.5x15x44
She just earned the starting line up spot for my moose hunt this year.

Attachments

• IMG_9116.jpeg
    IMG_9116.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
So P-ham set up my 300 H&H #1 with a new barrel and his outstanding new quarter rib mount. The old barrel was frustrating me as I couldn’t get decent accuracy with anything approaching 300 HH published velocity. Would have been satisfied with the attached group, 5 Shots, 180gr Accubonds; 72 gr Rl 26; 3003fps with a SD 6 shot with a full value wind at 100 yards. This was shot at 300 yards a couple days ago. Think I’ll be sending Paul some more #1s
Scope is a VX5 3.5x15x44
She just earned the starting line up spot for my moose hunt this year.
The posted target was 100yd or 300yd?

That's better than most people are capable of shooting. Mighty fine trigger work!
Y’all paid a lot of money to send me to schools all over the country for 20 years so I could shoot like that when needed. The real art was not that I managed to pull a 1/2 moa group but in the quality of the system you put together. There are other groups on that target that are 1 to 1 1/4 moa, just average shooting with an accurate rifle at that distance. I get lucky every once in a while. Thanks again for your fine work.

Back