Advertisement

Ruger No. 3 quarter rib

Oh man, that’s so cool. I should be getting my scope back from swaro shortly, maybe I should hold off re mounting it till you get that no. 1 mount figured out…. Really amazing work!

I've been eying a VF3 and a TL2.
You looking for tailstock, or 2nd spindle on the TL2?

One of the things I miss about the Mazak Quickturn 250 that I was running.
Second spindle was really nice in that I only had to write one program to do a complete part.
Our HAAS lathes with tailstock take 2, even 3 programs plus taking the part out and possibly changing tools/jaws.

From a noob standpoint, Mazak is much easier to write programs for.
Very conversational software.

Having all the information on a tool when you set up the tool makes things less stressful also.
Example.
Tool 7A. ID grooving bar. Shaft .75", carbide, width 0.094". Nose radius 0.15 Depth of cut max 0.25". Rotation CW.

When you write your line for the groove it will ask what tool for roughing, and for finish.
Tell it your using tool 7A and it has all the parameters.

Takes a little longer setting up, but once it's done it's so much faster and easier.

Oh, and don't forget about the cost, and benefit of live tooling!!

Oh man, that’s so cool. I should be getting my scope back from swaro shortly, maybe I should hold off re mounting it till you get that no. 1 mount figured out…. Really amazing work!
Mount away! It's just a few screws.

Mount away! It's just a few screws.
I was still using the original stainless factory ruger rings. I’d love to put a base down like you just built if you have one that’d work for a no. 1

Your rail would be a benefit even with a 2.5x8 on a number 1. Just need to decide which one is next.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clinebj22
Back