MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

RIP Garmin Inreach … iPhones to allow satellite messages in ios18

The subject says it. iPhone users will be able to send iMessages via satellite when out of service starting with IOS 18. This is a great addition to the current SOS by satellite functionality of the newer iPhones. I will more than likely be retiring my inreach.
Technology can be an awesome money saver sometimes.

Looking at the update on Apple website my 15 plus won’t be included. Looks like I have to get a “Pro” to use this feature.

Works well for situations like hunting where you are walking and can point at a satellite. Not for driving applications.

Wife bought a Iphone16. The satellite messaging description says it will be free for two years and then a fee. Two years is enough time to drive Zoleo and InReach into the ground. One of my sons said Verizon is going to provide satellite messaging soon.

We’ll have to see what Apple charges in two years but I’ll have saved over $800 on Zoleo charges by then.

I deleted my Zoleo account this week and sold my Zoleo last night.😎

Last usage update. Second son and I texted satellite messenges to each other yesterday getting bird hunting updates 200 miles apart. Very easy to use. We would have never chatted about how our bird hunts were going with Zoleo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whipple
Back