Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Removed iron sights

Rie Bread

Took off the sights on a rifle and I am wondering what to fill the threads tapped into the barrel with or should I bother with it?

Took off the sights on a rifle and I am wondering what to fill the threads tapped into the barrel with or should I bother with it?
You can buy dovetail blanks. Any good gunshop should be able to help you out or you can buy your own dovetail stock and make your own. check Brownells, Trackofthewolf.com, and others for the blanks or replacement inserts.

Or you could put the sights back on and take the scope off... ;)

You can buy dovetail blanks. Any good gunshop should be able to help you out or you can buy your own dovetail stock and make your own. check Brownells, Trackofthewolf.com, and others for the blanks or replacement inserts.

It certainly felt sacrilegious
Thank for the tips!

Sights were screwed on. No dovetails.

Leave the iron sights on as an option. Mount the scope with quick detach rings.
20240420_112851.jpg
That way if scope gets damaged or conditions too harsh, you can slip it off and put it in your pack.
20221127_125555.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manbugle
Back