Raffle tags - yeah or nay?

General opinion on big game raffle tags

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel like I could crawl into that thing and get enough money to make bighorn sheep over the counter😉
Donate your proceeds to 4H, firefighters, and music festivals, stay consistent with what's most important to you, because it sure isn't wildlife.

Shows how much you know.

The reason for it had to do with the way we worked the raffle tag bill in the legislature. Anytime a NR draws one of the raffle tags, they have to come out of the NR quota. If not for the NR winning the sheep raffle, there would have been a random sheep tag.

Since raffle and auction tags have raised so much money and done so much good, we've also went from 240 sheep tags a year down to 180.
Buzz, why would you try to convince anyone that the reduction in NR quota down to 10% wasn’t the main reason for reduction in available NR tags? It’s literally just math, and provable just by looking at draw allocations from the year prior to the change? Why waste you time defending the change y’all made? Just own it and tell anyone who doesn’t like it to pound sand!

Buzz, why would you try to convince anyone that the reduction in NR quota down to 10% wasn’t the main reason for reduction in available NR tags? It’s literally just math, and provable just by looking at draw allocations from the year prior to the change? Why waste you time defending the change y’all made? Just own it and tell anyone who doesn’t like it to pound sand!
Because if not for the raffle tags being drawn by NR's there would have still been a random NR sheep tag?

I'm stating a fact, not trying to convince you of anything.

Oh, and giving more tags to residents never needs a defense. We don't show as much favoritism to our Residents as you do in NV, but we're getting there. Time and pressure will get us where we need to be.

It would be interesting to see which made more money for the state: the sheep raffle tag or the poor suckers who didn’t look close enough at allocations and still bought a NR sheep app hoping for a random tag, or continued to buy points they will never get to use?

It would be interesting to see which made more money for the state: the sheep raffle tag or the poor suckers who didn’t look close enough at allocations and still bought a NR sheep app hoping for a random tag, or continued to buy points they will never get to use?
Hard to quantify as both R and NR bought raffle chances.

NR's did look close enough, unit 5 would have had a random sheep tag, but a NR drew a raffle tag and picked unit 5. I would guess that NR's buying sheep points probably raised more money.

Apple to orange comparison. A fool and his money will buy sheep points in wyoming

Probably just hedging their bets that all the extra raffle tag and Governors tag money will put more sheep on the mountain...
Money goes to a good cause im all for people doing it. I didn’t get in soon enough to be one of them. My loss

Since raffle and auction tags have raised so much money and done so much good, we've also went from 240 sheep tags a year down to 180.
and agencies should have zero effort with hiring and retention as well as being able to pay staff a wage that isn’t falling behind inflation with all that raffle tag and auction tag money rolling in

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozarkhuntress
Back