Raccoons

If you do 1 DP, do 3. Once 1 is in the trap, there's usually more nearby. I've seen plenty of pairs and occasionally triples caught together!

I wouldn't use anything sticky personally. No reason to make a mess of the DP right away. Dog food in town would likely work really well. Throw a golfball on top if the mice keep eating all the dogfood.

It's a full time war around here with those varmints.
Caught 14 in the yard this spring in dog proofs and introduced them to Jesus.

I’ve lived trapped them successfully w/ a brushed-in cage using peanut butter & peppermint extract. Keeps possums, cats, and skunks from going in the trap.

I know you're in city limits, but you might consider using 22 cb shorts in a rifle. When I was a teen trapping, I'd use them behind a couple homes I trapped around and never had a problem with noise.

We have the same rules regarding "humanely euthanizing" raccoons so I called my state's conservation officer once about what to do and they said if I lived in city limits one acceptable method was to drown them if I had a container big enough to drop the whole trap into. Luckily I don't live in the city so I never had to go that route.

I do have close neighbors however so I ended up buying subsonic .22 rounds.

Advertisement

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back Tracker
Back