Quietest bow?

I have a nitrum turbo I think 5 yrs old I don't think its noisy at all but did have new stings and cables put on it last yr that seemed to make it tighter the old ones were close to 1/4 inch stretched

My bowtech sr350 was noticeably quieter than mathews phase 4 29 shooting them side by side for a half hour in the now shop. Wife and bow shop employee agreed. Not much quieter but enough to discern a difference. I don't know about hoyt

Heavy= quiet all other things equal too. If your super worried about noise go with a heavy arrow. If your worried about slow arrows get a speed bow to push heavy faster.

My Friend has the phase 4 and I have The Elite ERA. He thinks my Elite is quieter but I can't really say myself but it's pretty quiet. All bows I've had of late I feel would be quieter if the string stop could be eliminated. Of the newer bows I have, I feel the string stop makes more noise than anything else on the bow when the string hits against it.

Be sure you are shooting with your quiver off of your bow too for the lowest amount of vibration. Arrows in a quiver can vibrate during the shot and cause additional noise.

I shoot a Mathews HTR( 2015). It is as quiet as I will ever need, and I don't care if it is almost considered a relic!

Things like arrow weight and monkey tails seem to make the biggest difference in noise.

I know I'm late to the party, but I'll put in my 2¢.

While not extremely popular here in the States, a company in Canada makes bows that are really good.

APA Archery.

I bought one of their Viper Air some years ago. Love the thing!
Light weight, short, quiet, and reasonably fast for the 50 draw weight that I ordered it in.

My daughter has a Diamond Infinite Edge set at 35lb draw.
About the limit she can comfortably shoot.
The other year she was shooting a 70lb draw Mamba at the Harrisburg Outdoors Show.
She has since bought a Mamba factory set for 50lb pull.

There was a video a few years ago of a guy that had 5-6 does come in.
He shot one, the others only went about 10-15 yards.
In total he took 3 does out of that one group with an APA Mamba.

2015 Is not that old of a bow.
Take the quiver off to shoot and that takes care of most of it. I'd bet a trip to a good pro shop and a few minor modifications will get it about as quiet as a new one.

Taking the quiver off makes a ton of sense until you need a follow up shot or you have to make a move after you take it off

I know I'm late to the party, but I'll put in my 2¢.

While not extremely popular here in the States, a company in Canada makes bows that are really good.

APA Archery.

I bought one of their Viper Air some years ago. Love the thing!
Light weight, short, quiet, and reasonably fast for the 50 draw weight that I ordered it in.

My daughter has a Diamond Infinite Edge set at 35lb draw.
About the limit she can comfortably shoot.
The other year she was shooting a 70lb draw Mamba at the Harrisburg Outdoors Show.
She has since bought a Mamba factory set for 50lb pull.

There was a video a few years ago of a guy that had 5-6 does come in.
He shot one, the others only went about 10-15 yards.
In total he took 3 does out of that one group with an APA Mamba.
Interesting, wonder why they haven't become as widespread down here.

Fwiw, from what I can tell most flagship bows from Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech, Elite, Bear, etc. etc. are going to be within a few percentage points of each other as far as dBs go. I would suspect a proper tune and shooting a heavy-ish arrow is going to make more significant difference than any particular model relative to another model.

Interesting, wonder why they haven't become as widespread down here.

Fwiw, from what I can tell most flagship bows from Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech, Elite, Bear, etc. etc. are going to be within a few percentage points of each other as far as dBs go. I would suspect a proper tune and shooting a heavy-ish arrow is going to make more significant difference than any particular model relative to another model.
That I'm not sure of.
I know there aren't any where near as many dealers for them here as compared to Hoyt, Bear, PSE, etc ..

Bummer because they do have some interesting features.
Built in carry handle.
Built in hook to hang the bow on a limb while in the stand.
Built in broad head wrench.
And a pin ( included and secured) that lets you change string or other repairs without a bow press.

Kenetrek Boots

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SamS
Back