Advertisement

Public Shaming Drone Flying POS

I'm heading into the Bob Marshall Wilderness tomorrow going to the Chinese Wall. I have a hunch I'll be more irritated by horse people than drone people. I agree that drones shouldn't be in the Wilderness, and horses, while not a native species to North America, probably should be allowed. However, horses sure make a mess, not exactly leave no trace with a horse.

I'm heading into the Bob Marshall Wilderness tomorrow going to the Chinese Wall. I have a hunch I'll be more irritated by horse people than drone people. I agree that drones shouldn't be in the Wilderness, and horses, while not a native species to North America, probably should be allowed. However, horses sure make a mess, not exactly leave no trace with a horse.
Enjoy indeed! Horse traffic should dissipate as you get further from the trailhead.

I gotta say it...your reasoning is suspect.
Drone guy?
I have no use for one, nor interest in trying it out. I just don’t think they’re all that annoying and it seems as low impact of an activity as it gets.

But as I stated in my first post, the rules say you can’t so you can’t. Not something I care enough about to write my senators over.

Drones, Mtn bikes, e-bikes, just more and more technology to make in easy for crowding and overuse. Keep a foot in the ass of the govt, enforcement-do nothings. Insist they do their jobs.

If someone genuinely cannot understand how obnoxious a drone is, then I can't explain it to you and your ignorance explains why it it has to be codified.

People are so stupid with drones. I was in Yellowstone two weeks ago, saw 4-5 private (likely unpermitted) drones buzzing around and being generally obnoxious in all the popular places-the waterfalls, Old Faithful, Hayden Valley, the only one I saw that appeared to be commercial was a large drone that was being operated by geologists in the Biscuit Basin geyser explosion area. Two summers ago I watched an idiot in Winter Park chase a moose we'd all been watching from the condo decks with his drone, until people started boo-ing him.

Hate drones.

Have hair that still grows. Pretty long now.
Even had a ponytail back in the day.
I don't get the fag bun. Lots of boomers here have them.

I do have a 870 and goose loads,just in case.
Been seeing them things being flown over big ranches and small.
Only a matter of time one will show here.

Hate drones.

Have hair that still grows. Pretty long now.
Even had a ponytail back in the day.
I don't get the fag bun. Lots of boomers here have them.

I do have a 870 and goose loads,just in case.
Been seeing them things being flown over big ranches and small.
Only a matter of time one will show here.
Itl'll be incredibly hard to hit... the capability of one of those is amazing.

Had 2 friends who's families used them during hunts last year. Result was a 7x7 and a big buck.

Result is they are also aquaintences now.
They are not hunters ,in my book.
Is that legal in NM?

Regarding drones for scouting wildlife, I don't see it being very different than trail cameras. I'm pretty conflicted about trail cameras, but many hunters love them.

Regarding drones for scouting wildlife, I don't see it being very different than trail cameras. I'm pretty conflicted about trail cameras, but many hunters love them.

I'm pretty sure drones are to be classified as aircraft with respect to scouting for hunting in Montana. It is illegal to hunt the animal the same calendar day it is scouted by aerial means.

I'm pretty sure drones are to be classified as aircraft with respect to scouting for hunting in Montana. It is illegal to hunt the animal the same calendar day it is scouted by aerial means.
This is also true with trail cams.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back