PSA - New Sig Sauer Zulu6 HDX Pro's Are Trash

I don't have much left to compare them too as I've sold what I haven't been using.
1000012292.jpg
Leupold golden ring 12-40x60 set at 16x
1000012290.jpg
Zulu 16 pro

My thoughts on zulus is what they lack in depth of focus and edge to edge clarity they make up for with the stabilization. After hunting with them I never had to question what I was looking at. Counting stickers on bucks and identifying antlered vs antlerless at 3+ miles and never once set up a tripod. The stabilization is that good. And it sounds like sig is going to stand by them for life. I'm not sure what's not to like.

Do yourself a favor and do not try the 16x42 HDX. You will cry.

The omniscan sucks compared to scan and target lock modes on the gen 2’s. Image is likely better too except beyond legal shooting light.

Do yourself a favor and do not try the 16x42 HDX. You will cry.

The omniscan sucks compared to scan and target lock modes on the gen 2’s. Image is likely better too except beyond legal shooting light.
I had them. I Sold them when I bought the pros

I had them. I Sold them when I bought the pros
Did you actually test them side by side at a far field target? The 16 pros I have right now are easily the worst of the 3 pro models I have in my possession. Given the difference in quality between the 18’s perhaps you got a good pair of 16x50’s.

I’d love for others to post up comparison images.

Did you actually test them side by side at a far field target? The 16 pros I have right now are easily the worst of the 3 pro models I have in my possession. Given the difference in quality between the 18’s perhaps you got a good pair of 16x50’s.

I’d love for others to post up comparison images.
your hatred of these binos is admirable. i wish i had that much passion for something.
1729876311783.png

your hatred of these binos is admirable. i wish i had that much passion for something.
View attachment 346147
I'm a man of principal that dies on the smallest of hills. My hatred of these binos doesn't come close to my hatred of Bergara or Fierce rifles though :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, if anyone searches my post history they'll see me singing high praises of the 2nd gen Zulu6 HDX - just trying to help the community avoid spending more money expecting an improvement over those.

The last things that Sig came out with that were actually high quality were the P220/226/229/232 and 552 rifle. Since then it has all been gimmicks and marketing. Of the $1600 those things cost, how much of it do you actually think when into the glass?

The last things that Sig came out with that were actually high quality were the P220/226/229/232 and 552 rifle. Since then it has all been gimmicks and marketing. Of the $1600 those things cost, how much of it do you actually think when into the glass?
P320, P365, and spear?

Both of my kids have Sig pistols. Haven't really ever looked at their optics. mtmuley

The other thing I will say about the SIG M17 (P320), is that since the Army has adopted it, SOCOM units that have the latitude to do their own thing, have spent the money to buy Glocks. I trust their judgement way more than Sigs marketing team....

I am meh about the P365. I do not like or trust the P320 (I never thought I would say I want my Beretta back). The SPEAR is too early to tell, but I don't trust SIG and how they have learned to game the DoD procurement process.
Lots ot trouble free rds through my 320 - SOCOM has been doing their own thing for a long time.

Not sure where the lack of trust comes from - but id hope its not from all the negligent discharges.

Lots ot trouble free rds through my 320 - SOCOM has been doing their own thing for a long time.

Not sure where the lack of trust comes from - but id hope its not from all the negligent discharges.
In varying degrees, yes, but they still don't carry M17s

The distrust comes from the fact that they undercut the competition for government on price not performance. It also comes from the fact the my issue P320 after a thousand rounds or so, comes out of battery all the time (slide goes back about 1/8th an inch) when the muzzle bumps anything (barrier, holster, etc) rendering the pistol inop until you slap the back of the slide. This issue is so prevalent that it has been added to Army training protocols. This is the sort of thing you will never detect when just shooting at the range, but when you put it to hard use it rears its head.

I think there is plenty of room for doubt in what is causing those pistols to go off in holsters....

That said, if it gets the job done for you, and you are confident in it, rock on.

In varying degrees, yes, but they still don't carry M17s

The distrust comes from the fact that they undercut the competition for government on price not performance. It also comes from the fact the my issue P320 after a thousand rounds or so, comes out of battery all the time (slide goes back about 1/8th an inch) when the muzzle bumps anything (barrier, holster, etc) rendering the pistol inop until you slap the back of the slide. This issue is so prevalent that it has been added to Army training protocols. This is the sort of thing you will never detect when just shooting at the range, but when you put it to hard use it rears its head.

I think there is plenty of room for doubt in what is causing those pistols to go off in holsters....

That said, if it gets the job done for you, and you are confident in it, rock on.
Any gov contract of that scale is awarded on price. So im not sure what that has to do with anything. Ironic - when the gov switched to the AR platform, ive read a lot of people said the same things about corruption/undercutting. Sure glad they did - the m14 is inferior in most every way.

Incompetent operation was the problem in those NDs - just like "glock leg" that was all over the 90s/2000s.

For fun - i tried to recreate the problem you have and cant. Id get a hold of sig.

Back