NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Power bank

I bought 3 different size Ankers approx 4 years ago. 20k, 10k and 6.8k (?). The 10k seems best for my needs. Its small , light and streamlined. If doing all over again I would go with two 10ks Ankers and call it good. No issues with any of my well used sizes. After many charges all still working like intended.

I'm probably the oddball here but have been using a cordless screwgun battery and an adapter to charge phone and headlamps . A bit bulky and maybe a few ounces heavier but cheap if you already have the battery anyway. One 5.0 lasts me a week pretty easily.

I've got this for the Makita batteries. It's slick as heck, but takes a long time to charge on my android stuff.

I've got this for the Makita batteries. It's slick as heck, but takes a long time to charge on my android stuff.
Ill normally throw my stuff on the charger when I get back to camp and leave it on till morning so guess I haven't noticed how long it takes.

I’ve gotten good service from a couple different Ravpower batteries. I carry a smaller one in my pack 3 charges of phone) while a pretty significant one (6 charges) stays in camp and gets primary duty. Forgetting to charge my headlamp and a long night a couple times made the smaller one a necessity .

Not all lithium batteries are not created equally, there are a couple different technologies out there, Lithium Polymer is better at holding a charge for a long time and less likely to go Chernobyl.

The lithium ion type are less expensive are somewhat more energy dense, while higher risk of fire. They are the traditional technology.

It’s a pretty easy google for info between the 2

Last edited:
I have a goal zero, dark energy and a couple other unbranded ones. And out of thoes I like my dark energy (10000mAh), I like that it keeps a good charge in the cold and is tough as nails. I know people who carry the ankors and they seem to like them.

My first PowerBank from Anker, the Astro E1 Mini, takes 5 hours to fully charge from 0% to 100%

i have an anker and took it to colorado last year on a hunt and worked great for charging up phones and gps and things like that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rut
Back