Advertisement

Pink camo, #dadbodhunter, and a whole lotta stupid!

View attachment 342510View attachment 342508Couldn’t stay awake… I needed to pull over and get a shower and good night sleep instead of drive all night. I left the parking lot of my general tag around 8pm, headed for my cow elk/antelope hunt. I hit Jackson and couldn’t focus on the road anymore, I decided it was better to get a place to stay than keep driving or parking lot it somewhere. The body could definitely use it. I’m going to bed and will update when I get back from my cart hunt (cow elk and antelope buck)
I’ve tuned in late, but did anyone else notice brow tines?

you guys mean the two things in that picture that are brow tines?

those brow tines? i see those brow tines.

IMG_4201.png
Well I got to the parking area Monday night just before dark and got everything situated and packed for my hike in the next day.
IMG_4200.png
The sunrise was amazing Tuesday morning and I grabbed my pack and hit the trail. Almost 3k vertical and 4-6 miles depending on a camp site. We weren’t sure about water either so I packed a bit extra a regret that move. I took all of my gear and two days of food. The rest would come in on the llamas Wednesday night.
IMG_4199.png

IMG_4202.png
IMG_4203.png
The hike was pretty brutal. At the 4 mile in camp I found a nice group of horse hunters with a couple kids. Went another half mile or so to the next water and whoever had been there last had destroyed the area and left a ton of crap. Including cans of chili that had some nice big teeth holes in them.
IMG_4204.png
I ended up having to go 6.5 miles in to find suitable water for us and the llamas. I dropped weight, set up my tent and headed to glass. On the way to the glassing knob I saw a wolverine (badger thanks for the education) which was my first one! Pretty cool!
IMG_4205.png

Last edited:
View attachment 342756
View attachment 342757
The hike was pretty brutal. At the 4 mile in camp I found a nice group of horse hunters with a couple kids. Went another half mile or so to the next water and whoever had been there last had destroyed the area and left a ton of crap. Including cans of chili that had some nice big teeth holes in them.
View attachment 342758
I ended up having to go 6.5 miles in to find suitable water for us and the llamas. I dropped weight, set up my tent and headed to glass. On the way to the glassing knob I saw a wolverine which was my first one! Pretty cool!
View attachment 342759
Pretty sure that’s your average run of the mill badger.

View attachment 342756
View attachment 342757
View attachment 342758
I ended up having to go 6.5 miles in to find suitable water for us and the llamas. I dropped weight, set up my tent and headed to glass. On the way to the glassing knob I saw a wolverine which was my first one! Pretty cool!
View attachment 342759
Badger.

@Dsnow9, in case you weren't aware by now...that's a badger :ROFLMAO:. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the story!

SITKA Gear Optifade Cover

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emma817
Back