Caribou Gear

Pack Rats

Glad you got him. I find packrats are like muskrats if you see a packrat you have 5 around at least around us. Some are stubborn to catch. I will lay in wait at night with the kids .410 and hammer them. I hate them with a passion. The block poison baits with a hole in them they will usually eat if you smear peanut butter on them and let it kinda soak into the poison. To keep pets out of the poison build some weasel boxes and in the floor of it towards the back drive a 16 penny nail through it. Slide the poison block onto the nail through the hole in the block and it’s pretty safe. Bait gets low and could come off the nail replace when you see that. It’s effective over long term. The poison blocks with the birds seed in them seem to be best for me.

I have a pack rat under the hood of one of my trucks. I’ve tried rat traps and rat poison. Neither has worked. Any tips on how to get rid of it?
Get yourself a cat killin dog and some sort of long, pack rat-pokin-stick to flush it out. Red Rider BB gun?

Vehicles have been spared so far, but they love the woodpile. Neighbor used to not clean up the yard well after her dogs, so my woodpile was full of dog turds. My rat terrier, backed up by the two Airedales, pretty much worry em to death and they leave. Ones that don't learn about snake shot.

David
NM

Hot glue almonds, walnuts, dog food etc to trigger. Crunchy peanut butter, Fig Newtons, fruit all works. Need to switch baits around every week or so. Quite often catch rats night after switching to another type of bait.

One of those SOBs got into my engine compartment sometime in the last two days and chewed a hole in my wiper fluid hose up under the windshield cowl :mad:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back Tracker
Back