Advertisement

Olympic Air Rifle Shooting Competition

No. Watched the archery several Olympics ago when a local guy was competing and just today turned on some beach volleyball. Call me a sexist pig, but they were wearing pants/leggings! What the hell? Changed the channel.

A local shooter, Ivan Roe, who is one of many high level small bore competitors to come our of the Gallatin Valley Sharp Shooters program, is on that US Olympic team. Today he and his partner ended up 18th in the Mixed 10m Air Rifle.

He will shoot tomorrow in the men's 10M air rifle. And I think he's also in the 50m three position, his strongest event. I hope he wins a medal.

Here is his page on the USA Shooting team website - https://m.usashooting.org/athlete/ivanroe/

And if anyone wants to help out the Gallatin Valley Sharpshooters, they could use support. Scott Francis and the 4H program are big supporters of that group. Big thanks to the funding they get from the Midway USA Foundation.

My 8-year old son went through this program this winter. Phenomenal people and it’s amazing how many college scholarship shooters have come out of it recently.

Last edited:
My 8-year old son went through this program this winter. Phenomenal people and it’s amazing how many college scholarship shooters have come out of it recently.
That’s amazing. I didn’t even know this was an Olympic sport, let alone college. My wife and I are enjoying watching it.

A local shooter, Ivan Roe, who is one of many high level small bore competitors to come our of the Gallatin Valley Sharp Shooters program, is on that US Olympic team. Today he and his partner ended up 18th in the Mixed 10m Air Rifle.

He will shoot tomorrow in the men's 10M air rifle. And I think he's also in the 50m three position, his strongest event. I hope he wins a medal.

Here is his page on the USA Shooting team website - https://m.usashooting.org/athlete/ivanroe/

And if anyone wants to help out the Gallatin Valley Sharpshooters, they could use support. Scott Francis and the 4H program are big supporters of that group. Big thanks to the funding they get from the Midway USA Foundation.
Their BB team was next to ours on the line this year at Daisy Nationals. Cool folks

Looks like he’s a Murray State Racer. Getting closer to home on that front. I know a few alum

Back