Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Suppressor Accuracy on a Previously Unthreaded Barrel

I didn't think I would have much to contribute to this thread as I'm 3 for 3 with success putting a suppressor on a rifle. Now I may be 3/4.

Without the suppressor and with a muzzle brake on, it's shooting sub moa, 3 inches high at 100 yards - right where I sighted it into. Couldn't be happier. Factory ammo that I've been super happy with another gun and this new gun likes it too.

Today, my second suppressor showed up in the mail and I put it on the gun and my first two shots were at least two feet low and into the dirt below the target. I don't think that's normal or good and I'm afraid to continue to shoot it anymore. Could the suppressor really cause the barrel to that be far off balance? This is a barrel that isn't stock threaded.
Something sounds wrong there sir. I’ve never seen it shift more than a few inches.

Something sounds wrong there sir. I’ve never seen it shift more than a few inches.
Yup, same experience for me on my other three. Not sure what is going on.

I screwed on my other suppressor to test that. Same result. I'm at a lose but afraid to shoot this gun with one on now

I do have a buddy with a super light weight christenson in a 6.5 that shoots big holes with the factory break. Spin that break off and put on a light can and it would shoot circles around a chew can at 100. Christensen was nice enough to tell him they won’t even look at it with after market parts on and pound sand.

I do have a buddy with a super light weight christenson in a 6.5 that shoots big holes with the factory break. Spin that break off and put on a light can and it would shoot circles around a chew can at 100. Christensen was nice enough to tell him they won’t even look at it with after market parts on and pound sand.
This is a super light weight and short barrel rifle. .308

This is a super light weight and short barrel rifle. .308
His 6.5 is about the diameter of my pinky. I have a heavier can that effect most rifles I’ve had it on 2-4” below zero but nothing else has changed

I didn't think I would have much to contribute to this thread as I'm 3 for 3 with success putting a suppressor on a rifle. Now I may be 3/4.

Without the suppressor and with a muzzle brake on, it's shooting sub moa, 3 inches high at 100 yards - right where I sighted it into. Couldn't be happier. Factory ammo that I've been super happy with another gun and this new gun likes it too.

Today, my second suppressor showed up in the mail and I put it on the gun and my first two shots were at least two feet low and into the dirt below the target. I don't think that's normal or good and I'm afraid to continue to shoot it anymore. Could the suppressor really cause the barrel to that be far off balance? This is a barrel that isn't stock threaded.
What's your thread size, and your barrel OD at the shoulder? Did you check for clearance with an alignment rod?

I closely inspected the suppressor and there was a small nick in the 2 inch extension piece. So looks like the threading on the barrel isn't perfect causing a slight misalignment. There is an adaptor to go from 1/2 to 5/8 so it could be alignment in that threading too

Back