Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Nosler Solid Base

MTLabrador

I’ve been seeing a bunch of ads for Nosler’s new line of factory ammo featuring the old solid base bullet. Just curious if Big Fin or anyone from Nosler sees this, are they bringing back the solid base as a component bullet as well? I and probably others would buy a whole lot of them if they were made available. The old ones were an inexpensive but very well made bullet.

I’ve been seeing a bunch of ads for Nosler’s new line of factory ammo featuring the old solid base bullet. Just curious if Big Fin or anyone from Nosler sees this, are they bringing back the solid base as a component bullet as well? I and probably others would buy a whole lot of them if they were made available. The old ones were an inexpensive but very well made bullet.
I think Buzz has a bunch of the originals. But yeah, Hell of a bullet. mtmuley

I bet there are still hunters that aren't enamored with the new stuff. And most guys that look for extreme BC don't need it anyway. mtmuley
Those dumbasses. They should have made bullet that has a bc of a "hammer" flying through the air.

Last edited:
I just loaded some of the old original 100 grainers in a 243 and some 140’s in a 7mm08. I’m about out, it would be nice if nosler sold the bullets again.

Looks like nosler is still up to the silly "hornady" marketing tricks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241019_145807_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241019_145807_Chrome.jpg
    902 KB · Views: 19
I ordered some of the 7mm-08, I can’t find corelokts cheaper than I picked those up. I’ll be happy to give them a shot, I never shot any of the originals

Pretty good looking jacket profile. “Solid base” made me think there’d be more copper before the lead starts but looks like it would perform well at various impact velocities.

Pretty good looking jacket profile. “Solid base” made me think there’d be more copper before the lead starts but looks like it would perform well at various impact velocities.
The bullet was introduced in 1972. I started hunting in 1979 but my Father bought us the Green and Yellow box Core-Lokts. Killed a bunch of critters with them. mtmuley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ttt
Back