NFA Wait Times

I’d like to hear how it performs for you. I have 1 original Sportsman, and 3 of the Sportsman Ultra Lights all in 30 cal, and they’ve been great. My Silencerco Hybrid 46 wears a 9mm front cap for my 338-06, and I have a Q Porq Chop for my 8.6blk. But I want to build a more serious 338 hunting rifle so….
I'll let you know! I heard good things about them.

I just got back from my FFL, and he explained to me that it’s only taking up to 35 days private sale. Can someone fact check please?

I just got back from my FFL, and he explained to me that it’s only taking up to 35 days private sale. Can someone fact check please?
To buy a suppressor? I had mine in 5 days from a dealer that had it in stock.

Last edited:
Purchase online 7/3. 7/25 form submittal after fingerprints taken care of via mail. 9/3 approval. As a trust.
I haven't looked into if Silencer Central still offers it, but when I bought mine I opted to do the payment plan (I think it was 3 equal payments for 3 months) since it was taking so long to process them. Now they're turning them around so quick that you'd get your can before you'd make your second payment.

So I ordered my suppressor from Griffin Armament on July 25th. My suppressor was delivered to my doorstep on August 30th.

So 36 days from the time I clicked "Order" to having it in my posession. This was my first one, so I had to do the whole process. It was actually a pretty quick process, approval from the ATF took 7 days as an individual. I dropped the rifle and suppressor off at the gunsmith yesterday to rethread the barrel and alighment checked. I'll pick up the rifle next week and do some shooting!

Squirrels beware, I dipped my toe in the NFA world for the first time today. Gun shop had a silencerco sparrow on the shelf so I filled out the paperwork. Gun shop said they're seeing stuff take around a month. We'll see. I went the individual route.
Just shy of 2 months. Picked it up yesterday. Still plenty of time before squirrel season to figure out which subsonics I want to try.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrentR
Back