Caribou Gear Tarp

New rifle from Weatherby - The Mod 307

You have to give 3 grand to get barely under 7 lbs? No thanks . i'll stay with my Seekins and have 1200 for my glass budget...FFS

Lucky for you they have all those other rifles they’ve made for decades.
I have a new one that they made in WY, and an older one. Hey I am all for new guns. Especially if it attracts new hunters. the more the merrier.

I got new fancy stuff in my safe also. I am not immune to impulse, that looks cool buys. That how I ended up with so many, I have never even shot.

I just think the 507 is non- interesting. thats just me.

I don’t mind the rifle except for the no bottom metal option, just haven’t been able to like a magazine protruding from the bottom.

There are magazine options. I get it though, a true flush bottom setup is just nice to carry around all day.

Last edited:
Call me ignorant if it fits, but doesn’t the Howa 1500/Vanguard use a 700 footprint? So is this that different?

IMO their Mark V rifles were beautifue\l to almost too beartiful, their Vanguards are good looking, and now this thing is just flat out UGLY.

Yawn....
Yet another Rem 700 action by a different name.

Akin to Ferrari bringing out their version of the Chevette....

Yawn....

Is it compatible with other Remington 700 footprint products like scope bases? Left hand?

Yawn....

I know someone that ordered two actions, a long and a short. I'll let you know if he thinks they are yawners or not. mtmuley

Exactly. If you couldn't shoot before vertical grip stocks and adjustable cheek pieces, well stay under the porch. mtmuley
Have to admit I was tempted to stray...but the hankering subsided. The stubby snout craze ended the withdrawals and I was cured....for now anyway.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wcpark
Back