Yeti GOBOX Collection

New from MT

130gr

Hello from Jardine Montana. Been lurking for a while, decided to finally introduce myself. Love hunting and fishing, and really just getting outdoors. Hope to learn and see where it goes from there.

Attachments

• 1000003386.jpg
    1000003386.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 15
  • yes1.jpg
    yes1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 16
  • 20201029_163708.jpg
    20201029_163708.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20221110-162243_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20221110-162243_Photos.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 15
  • yes2.jpg
    yes2.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20241018_185303 (1).jpg
    IMG_20241018_185303 (1).jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 14
Hello from Jardine Montana. Been lurking for a while, decided to finally introduce myself. Love hunting and fishing, and really just getting outdoors. Hope to learn and see where it goes from there.
Not sure how “familiar” with the site you are but I’m pretty sure your not allowed to post ram pictures without a story

Not sure how “familiar” with the site you are but I’m pretty sure your not allowed to post ram pictures without a story
He will have to post 9 more times of nothing to be able to. Need a pass on this one for the sheep story. mtmuley

To preface I am both lucky enough to live in a place and to have had the opportunity to chase sheep for quite some time now. In my younger years I was fortunate enough to go on a couple of successful hunts with others and was hooked after the first time I went out.
This year started no different than the past many, with lots of glassing turning up a few ewes, a couple boddington specials :sneaky:, along with no unquestionably legal rams spotted after many days. That finally changed, and the sheep gods smiled upon me turning up a bedded ram in decent spot with a couple hours of shooting light left. With a decent chunk of vertical land to cover, I game planned and closed the distance to what was going to give me my shortest poke at it, not blow my hunt by spooking him, and still have some time to beat the clock. I beat feet and got to the spot I felt best about and immediately began to prepare myself for the shot. I set up a solid shooting position, got a good range and dialed in. He stood up broadside on cue and the rest is history. I watched as the bullet hit and he immediately dropped and started cartwheeling down the hill towards a scree field, luckily getting caught in a juniper before a tough pack out became worse. With no to very limited cell service the gods smiled again on me and I was able to call for backup. 4 hrs later, and in the dark I was back at the rig with meat, head, and hide and I was grateful I didn't have to go back in the morning and possibly run into a griz. Years of glassing, hunting and hiking paid off and it was worth every second. I can't wait to do it again in 7 yrs.

To preface I am both lucky enough to live in a place and to have had the opportunity to chase sheep for quite some time now. In my younger years I was fortunate enough to go on a couple of successful hunts with others and was hooked after the first time I went out.
This year started no different than the past many, with lots of glassing turning up a few ewes, a couple boddington specials :sneaky:, along with no unquestionably legal rams spotted after many days. That finally changed, and the sheep gods smiled upon me turning up a bedded ram in decent spot with a couple hours of shooting light left. With a decent chunk of vertical land to cover, I game planned and closed the distance to what was going to give me my shortest poke at it, not blow my hunt by spooking him, and still have some time to beat the clock. I beat feet and got to the spot I felt best about and immediately began to prepare myself for the shot. I set up a solid shooting position, got a good range and dialed in. He stood up broadside on cue and the rest is history. I watched as the bullet hit and he immediately dropped and started cartwheeling down the hill towards a scree field, luckily getting caught in a juniper before a tough pack out became worse. With no to very limited cell service the gods smiled again on me and I was able to call for backup. 4 hrs later, and in the dark I was back at the rig with meat, head, and hide and I was grateful I didn't have to go back in the morning and possibly run into a griz. Years of glassing, hunting and hiking paid off and it was worth every second. I can't wait to do it again in 7 yrs.
Bodington specials :)

Cool story! Welcome.

Advertisement

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ttt
Back