Caribou Gear

ND velvet mulie

Thanks everyone! I actually was sneaking up on a different buck when a spike I didn't know was there busted me and took his buddies with him. A lot like what happened last year! After they blew out I glassed a ridge over and seen this buck and one other. They dropped into a drainage and I ran around a bare clay face to get a better view and they came out of the drainage and fed up a sage flat towards me.

At this point they were about a 130 yards away moving towards me. I ranged the flat they were working up and would have ended up about 60 yards out if they stayed on their course. At about 80 yards they turned and started moving to the right side of the clay nob I was on. By this time I started to think this was actually going to happen! As I had my bow in one hand, my range finder in the other, I started to range sage trying to get some yardages and then I forgot all of them. All I could think is I can still screw this up! I ranged one sage bush at 56 yards, set the range finder down and waited about 20 sec for the buck to get there. I drew, counted my pins down, and let one fly. The arrow blew through his shoulder and stuck in the clay on the other side. I ran around the edge of the hill I was on just in time to see him tip over.

It was in the 90s almost everyday. As far as the oil field traffic it wasn't to bad where we were, but you defiantly still notice all of it.

After I went home my buddy camped in a new area and was awoken by elk bugling! Not something you hear in ND everyday! He looked over the edge and seen a small bull with some cows and calf then a pig of a 6x6 came out! So if anyone has a ND elk tag...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back