MT wilderness mountain goat tag

For your viewing pleasure
Thank you I’ve actually read through all those posts recently pretty entertaining!

Looks like the coat was pretty full, maybe not full winter but looks good. Asking because that is the same time frame that I am planning for my WA goat tag this fall.

That tag has quite the reputation on hunttalk for people asking for intel then, for a litany of reasons, the tag holder is unsuccessful. You’ve stumbled into a giant inside joke.

For the love of god kill a nice billy and post the story here to break the curse!

Looking forward to following the adventure good luck. Sounds like you'll serve 329 some justice

If you read the tent shanking thread than you have all you need. Go slam a goat following the instructions lol

That thread has a literal X marks the spot and step by step instructions on where to and how to. Someone just needs to Nike up and…

Hey everyone I was extremely fortunate and drew unit 329 in the bearthooth wilderness! I’ve been in adjacent units and understood the ruggedness/remoteness of the terrain. I’ve taken an Idaho goat about 7 years ago so have a little experience hunting them, was wondering if anyone has any experience hunting in this unit that would be willing to discuss some info. Would like to keep details to PMs please, thanks for any help!
They don't hide, much, but the bulk of them are pretty far back. I'm sure any scouting trip will turn some up. Enjoy the tag, go early and go often!

Back