MT ELK B 410-02

802flyfish

Drew my first Elk B tag for 410-02 (MT).

Any advice or suggestions for this unit via PM would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to fill the freezer this year as time will be limited with two toddlers and moving. I did notice they disregarded the shoulder season for this particular unit.

Any advantages of using an ATV in this area?

Last edited:
Drew my first Elk B tag for 410-02 (MT).

Any advice or suggestions for this unit via PM would be greatly appreciated. Just trying to fill the freezer this year as time will be limited with two toddlers and moving. I did notice they disregarded the shoulder season for this particular unit.

Fwp has been in a war with the elk in 410 for the last few years. People that drew the south of crooked creek tag could also use their general tag on a cow. Season ran till February 15. This is the first year in I think 5 that they haven’t done that. Elk numbers will be down. Deer hunter pressure will be almost non existent.

It was busy enough that a food shack would setup out there and catch the road hunters. It won’t be this year
Can you enlighten me? Did the quota come down this year, not sure what I’m missing? It states,

IMG_9383.jpeg
I live in SW MT and 99% of my hunting has been Gallatin National Forest over the years. I hunt for meat so I figured this would be a decent hunt since I’m able body and willing cover distance on foot.

Can you enlighten me? Did the quota come down this year, not sure what I’m missing? It states,

View attachment 330188
I live in SW MT and 99% of my hunting has been Gallatin National Forest over the years. I hunt for meat so I figured this would be a decent hunt since I’m able body and willing cover distance on foot.
It went from general deer to le should help with the pressure

View attachment 330188
I live in SW MT and 99% of my hunting has been Gallatin National Forest over the years. I hunt for meat so I figured this would be a decent hunt since I’m able body and willing tcover distance on foot.

Ya quota is down a lot from previous years. Looks like it was 400 this year for the 410-02 and previous years it’s been 800 plus those 800 could use their general tag for a second cow all the way to February 15

Fwp has been in a war with the elk in 410 for the last few years. People that drew the south of crooked creek tag could also use their general tag on a cow. Season ran till February 15. This is the first year in I think 5 that they haven’t done that. Elk numbers will be down. Deer hunter pressure will be almost non existent.
Thanks for the run down. I was aware of the shoulder season but unaware that a general tag could be used on an additional cow.

I’d rather explore an area and eat tag soup than be bombarded with hunters on every ridge top.

Thanks for the run down. I was aware of the shoulder season but unaware that a general tag could be used on an additional cow.

I’d rather explore an area and eat tag soup than be bombarded with hunters on every ridge top.
The unit I drew LE elk in this year also went LE on deer . I want to kill a nice bull but I think the best part will be the fact that the unit should be fairly quiet due to little to no deer hunting and very limited hunting in general . I’m excited to go , tag filled or not it’ll be a great experience

Ya quota is down a lot from previous years. Looks like it was 400 this year for the 410-02 and previous years it’s been 800 plus those 800 could use their general tag for a second cow all the way to February 15
They lowered it to 400 last year before the draw. It was printed last year at 800.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manbugle
Back