MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Montana General Season Structure Proposal

Idk, the people I work with and know. Are in the same boat with everyone here. Want better MD management.

I mean I know guys that go east and shoot muleys. Say it's a meat buck. They filled there tag because. To tell there wife I got one, post it on Facebook, show off to there kids. I know alot of people that go east. Because the west sucks. The better deer I c come off of private. Those people I know definitely would go draw LE on hunting a mature muley
I don't know. Honestly. Who are these people. Wanting to hunt a mule deer every yr.

Probably smart. Although, I’d say that your statement about Montana resident not caring about shooting a mule deer every 3-5 years is out of touch with the average MT resident hunter.
That survey you posted said it all. Meek

Where does actually management come in. They protect wolves, grizzlies. In my opinion some maybe most don't have a huntable mule deer population in region 3. Unit 300 is LE with the amount of tags issued, a different state such as wy or whatever makes it look pathetic.

I want to know about the survey. Nobody I know has had those questions.

Broken down as resident land owner non residents

I was born in mt. My brothers. Most our friends. No one has had those questions.

Amongst other stats in the survey this to me indicates the amount of nimby as far as mule deer hunting goes

Attachments

• IMG_2293.jpeg
    IMG_2293.jpeg
    494.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I want to know about the survey. Nobody I know has had those questions.

Broken down as resident land owner non residents
I tend to agree with you on the survey. The only thing I can think of is they send it to western Montana guys that like to come out east and blast a dink. Maybe it comes down to who we associate ourselves with, but I don’t see no where near the support fwp is claiming in my small world.

I just don't believe that survey. Nobody I know looks forward to otc mule deer hunt. Unless they have plans to go east.

So based off a survey that I don't believe anyway. We going to continue selling md tags. Without regard for the actuall huntable herd numbers.

Fwp should do a survey on hunting bull elk in ynp.

I tend to agree with you on the survey. The only thing I can think of is they send it to western Montana guys that like to come out east and blast a dink. Maybe it comes down to who we associate ourselves with, but I don’t see no where near the support fwp is claiming in my small world.
The median/mean age of that survey suprising - especially for all the commentary about young bro hunters.

Seems like guys in their 40s, 50s, and 60s havent shot enough young deer yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrentR
Back